DC area- VA, Maryland

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rockwaterx

SUDS
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
I'm a PADI Instr. in Puerto Rico but am moving to DC area in June, what dive shops do you recommend getting hooked up with?

rockwaterx:
I'm a PADI Instr. in Puerto Rico but am moving to DC area in June, what dive shops do you recommend getting hooked up with?
Are you going to be on the Maryland or VA side of the beltway?

rockwaterx:
Not sure yet, my wife will be working at Walter Reed.

Well it's a big area and traffic is a PITA (really). VA shops include Splash in Alexandria, The Dive Shop in Fairfax & Virginia Scuba in Mannassas. In DC you have National Diving Center.

I'm not up on the MD shops since I live in DC but know VA better than MD.

If she is working at Walter Reed you will probably look at living in DC or MD since you will not want to cut across the city and deal with traffic from VA (IMHO). Feel free to PM me with any questions about local stuff too.

rockwaterx:
Not sure yet, my wife will be working at Walter Reed.
Here is a (non exhaustive) list of shops. Most of them are in the MD or Northern VA area but a couple are in VA Beach and NC because they're near good dive sites,

http://www.atlanticunderwater.com/shops

MD dive shops include Atlantic Underwater in Gaithersburg, Brass Anchor in Frederick, Columbia Scuba in Columbia, Diver's Source in Owings, Aquatic Connection in Baltimore, Diver's Den in Baltimore, Annapolis Scuba Center in Annapolis, and Aqua Ventures in Cockeysville. There is a listing at Scuba Wizard that includes some more shops. If your wife will be at Walter Reed, probably Atlantic Edge and Brass Anchor would be your best bets in MD and you could live in Montgomery County and split the commuting distance. I have used both shops for service and both have treated me well. Most of the other shops I listed are within distances that some commute to DC - I can't imagine it, but folks do it.

Jackie

Hi there,

I can't offer much help since I moved to the area recently myself. I have been using Sea-Ventures out of VA, but it's a long drive from Maryland.

Welcome to the area. It's nice to see another Boriqua on the board.

SW

rockwaterx:

cornfed:
You're thinking of Atlantic EDGE, http://www.atlanticedge.com/

Yep - I cut and pasted the next link down in my local dive favorites folder. Sorry.

Jackie

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom