DC2000 housing- I can't open the dang thing!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

donnad

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi there. I'm the proud new owner of the dc2000 with sea dragon photo video light. One thing........I have been struggling to get the housing open and have to get hubby to try it and he can't do it either. So far I've only had to open it twice but now I'm needing to open it and swap out the battery before my night dive and I can't open it. My personal opinion is that they should have made the housing door with a little more of an indentation to get your finger under in order to open the latch. I have skinny fingers but thin nails. Help please. Is there a trick to it or what??

I have a similar problem on my Ikekite housing , low temps decrease the air pressure inside the housing creating a vacuum compared to outside pressure.

Warming (not heating) the housing helps too, by increasing the internal air pressure

Back
Top Bottom