DC2000 upgrade question from DC1400

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

GAFUN

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
My wife uses a DC1400, flash, and SL975 wide angle lens. We are heading to Cozumel for a quick trip
in a month. I was thinking for early xmas getting her a DC2000 setup. I have a couple of questions
as I am not that familiar with Sealife.

1) Will the SL975 still work with the DC2000?
2) I assume I need to get a new arm and flash ?
3) Does the dc2000 with led light/strobe still use the fiber optic cable?

Thanks!
Russ

I think the DC2000 is a great upgrade option and I am in full support of you doing so. They finally put out a great camera.

1. Yes, the fisheye lens will work with it, however it is supposed to cause some minor vignetting. Check their website out and youll see they even have a photo of it - SeaLife Waterproof Fisheye Lens | Diving Camera Lens | Wide Angle Water Lens and you can also use the SL970 lens too.
I dont think its extremely important to spending a few extra hundred dollars to upgrade to their new stuff just yet unless you see a fantastic deal.
2. You dont need a new flash - the SL963 is great as its about half the size and uses a new quick disconnect system however the SL961 will work just fine for now as the tray uses the same 1/4 screw to attach to the housing.
3. Yes, it uses fiber optic still. However, you dont need fiber optic for an LED torch, only a strobe flash.

Just what i needed to know, Thanks !

Back
Top Bottom