DC800 Locked Up

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Grover48

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I bought a new DC800 Pro and took it on my trip to Maui. I had one experience with it that was a problem.

I had taken a few shots with it and turned it off. The lens did not retract and the screen went black. No combination of pushing buttons would make the camera do anything.

I removed the battery and waited a minute before reinstalling it. I pushed the on button and the camera came on an operated normally.

Is this a common thing or an isolated incident?

Grover,

Yes, it appears to be yet another problem that the DC800 is plauged with. It has only happened to me twice and luckly both times on land when I was trying to learn how to use the camera when I first got it. Having said that, I no longer have the original camera hence it could have been a problem with that particular unit.

What I did notice, in my instance, it was when I was making alot of config changes at the time, i.e. jumping from Program AE to AV etc and taking a lot of shots while doing so. I just assumed that I had confused it some how and a reboot (must be using a Microsoft OS) seemed to fix it.

Touch wood, this problem has not raised its head recently.

Cheers

Back
Top Bottom