DC800 question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SkipperJohn

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Denise, yesterday I was using my DC800 in the housing with the exposure setting on "auto". I gave the camera to someone to take a few pictures then I tried to review them. I forgot the camera has to be on "under water" to view in the housing but that didn't stop me. I pressed the green "set" button and the last picture came up. As I attempted to scroll to the others the camera went back to regular "shoot" mode but, everything was incredibly bright. Did this action affect the white balance? If not, what did it do? If so, do I need to readjust the white balance now?
Here are examples of before and after the button thing.
0726_004.jpg

0726_006.jpg

We would need a little more information to troubleshoot these pictures. It would be best to email the original image samples for our evaluation. Send them to me at photos@sealife-cameras.com.

In general, when shooting on land, select one of the land modes, like Program AE. When shooting underwater, select Sea mode (when not using the external flash accessory) or Ext Flash mode (when using the external flash accessory). The exposure and white balance will be better on land when selecting one of the land scene mode.

When the camera is inside the housing and it’s set to a land scene mode, you can view the last image by pressing the SET button.

ok that explains why that worked. But I tried to scroll to the other photos. So after the "set" button I pressed just about every other button except power. One of these sequences (set then something else) put the camera in this high-contrast mode.
I will try another few shots as soon as the sun shines here again. Should it work then I pretty much wont care as I wont be making that mistake again!

Back
Top Bottom