DCI vs. DCS question...also the Narcs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

viceroy

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi all,

I've been given a project to do. It involves a detailed explaination of exactly what Decompression Illness & Decompression Sickness are. If you could provide me with either a link to a site that explains this or provide a detailed explanation here.

I also need information on Nitrogen Narcosis. Exactly what it is and the physiolgical effects it has on a person.

I'd really appreciate as much information as I can get

Regards

viceroy

Dear viceroy:

We have covered Nitrogen Narcosis before in the DR DECO FORUM. One just needs to run though the titles.

I am not aware of any web sites on decompression sickness (or decompression illness), but I can imagine that our readers are. Would someone please offer some items?

Essentially, Decompression Sickness was supposed to be a clinical definition as distinct from , eg, arterial gas embolism. It called for a diagnosis. Decompression Illness is a classification scheme based on symptoms and signs and does not call for a diagnosis of how the individual got to that condition - - simply that something occurred while diving.

Additionally, there are many discussions of NUCLEATION AND DCS on the DR DECO pages. You should check these out.

Dr Deco

Thanks very much. I'll check now for the nitrogen narcosis info :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom