Dealing with rough/sharp edges on webbing and straps

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

full.jpg

I've been trying to solve this problem for eons it seems. I would love to find a 55mm or 60mm half round punch. I can find 50mm, but that's just shy for a 2" belt. :(

You'll have to ask the boss

notice the mirror for accuracy

Not for those of us who suffer from CDO (OCD, for those who are not CDO). I want perfect symmetry and I want it consistently smooth.

TC...

From one OCD sufferer to another...as I noted above...I use a small tin can lid...center positioned over the webbing...and hot cut around the partial lid circumference using this cutting tip on my Weller soldering gun...nice clean...fully cauterized cut...that can be touched up further with the same ''hot soldering gun tip''...if further touch-up required...works like magic...OCD approved...

After doing this a few times...you get onto the speed required to give you a clean cauterized cut...and not have any overheated melted nylon buildup...make a few practice cuts first...once you start your cut...the trick is to not stop...stopping causes overheating in one spot...and melted nylon buildup...

Best...

Warren...

DSCF1171.JPG

I just threw up a little.....in the back of my throat.
To troll is human, to pun: divine!

I would like to see this in a 2 inch curve.

51UluHPVuLL._SL1280_.jpg

TC...

From one OCD sufferer to another...as I noted above...I use a small tin can lid...center positioned over the webbing...and hot cut around the partial lid circumference using this cutting tip on my Weller soldering gun...nice clean...fully cauterized cut...that can be touched up further with the same ''hot soldering gun tip''...
dscf1171-jpg.509835.jpg

I ordered the tips and will try it on my Weller.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom