Dear Dork Divers Advice Column – Ask us your questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Move here. :wink:

I am all over that, but my fiance... Not so much. That will all change in a few months. On of the conditions of my proposal, was that she had to become certified. I figure a couple of dives in our cold water and she will be all over moving south.

I am all over that, but my fiance... Not so much. That will all change in a few months. On of the conditions of my proposal, was that she had to become certified. I figure a couple of dives in our cold water and she will be all over moving south.

I just hope she is not to friendly with you other dive buddies and refuses to leave them.

That's not a worry, Dave. Remember? His dive buddies never show up.

But maybe...:hm: If she's there then the buddies will show up more often. :hm:

Hmmm, maybe there is more to this story....:hm:

So to paraphrase, what I need to do to get my buddies to come out more often is;
bribe them with a funny looking hood
steal the hood back after each dive
get my fiance certified in the hopes that having her around will encourage my buddies to come out
then move to California

Sound about right?

sorry been gone over a week with the non-diving spouse driving all over Ireland. What a vacation! :shakehead:

Easy answer for you there T-A: GET NEW BUDDIES!! :wink:

My wife rolled her eyes every time we got to the coast and I was checking it out for dive sites! After 25 years, I'll keep her, but if she was a "buddy" and was always making excuses for "bailing" on me, ... :shakehead:

BTW, the North Coast of Ireland has some really beautiful water, good visibility (for me that means over 3 meters!) and they say lots of wrecks,... There just may be some possibilities here!

I have some relatives over in Northern Ireland. If I were ever to get over to pay them a visit, I'd definitely have to hit the water for some diving. But that means I have to buy a drysuit.

I have some relatives over in Northern Ireland. If I were ever to get over to pay them a visit, I'd definitely have to hit the water for some diving. But that means I have to buy a drysuit.

I don't think so. I was diving here in Estonia until last November with a wetsuit and another friend of mine even went through the ice in a wetsuit (O.K., THAT was a little extreme!) I think that the water is very similar to CA in temp. However, if you need a drysuit, just buy me a plane ticket and I'll bring you one to use. How's that for service!? :wink:

Back
Top Bottom