debris from an Avenger Torpedo Dive Bomber

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

blacksambellamy

Contributor
Reaction score
In a few weeks i will set off to Cape Cod. As a small boy i heard the stories of 2 planes that went down in the bay while on a bombing run to the Target Ship. Over this past winter i found a document that provided valuable information on the location of the wreck site. With any luck i will locate one if not both Avenger Torpedo Dive Bombers. What's left of them i cant say but i do know there is wreckage. I know someone who has located debris. The military denies that there was ever a crash but how do they explain the recovery of debris from an Avenger Torpedo Dive Bomber from Cape Cod Bay.

I will be on the Cape July 4th weekend and may need some help if anyone is interested. We will spend a day or 2 diving. I also located a fishing boat that wend down this past winter and have the GPS #'s. Could make for a fun dive.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom