December Roll call?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It's a probabilities game. If you go for a short stay you have less chance of encountering a norte, but if you do it could wipe out your diving plans completely. If you go for a longer stay you have more chance of losing dive days to a norte but less of a chance that you'll lose them all.

Well said. Overall, I wouldn't let the possibility of a Norte change my travel plans for a December visit and it hasn't changed our plans for the past 7 or so years since we switched to December trips to Coz from October trips. Prior to our December trips we visited Coz annually in October for 10 years or so (During hurricane season that everyone is always worried about). Only once did we experience a bad October trip when a tropical depression parked itself over the region and delivered wind and rain almost an entire week so, statistically, we had a 90% success rate for October visits when everyone is spooked of hurricanes. Don't let the possibility of a hurricane or a Norte dissuade you from booking a trip as the odds are in your favor that you'll get diving in and have a far better time in Coz than sitting at home.

We've been to Cozumel for the past three years - two years for Halloween/Day of the Dead, and this year in September. We will never go back again in September because it's just too darned hot. For those three years we never lost a dive day due to weather - and that's during hurricane season. One year we went for Mardi Gras and again, didn't lose any dive days. We're going in December and will hope for no lost dive days, but we like each other enough that we could play Uno, eat, drink watch tv, and still enjoy ourselves. I'd rather be blown out in Cozumel than working in Missouri. :wink:

If I can't dive in the Marine Park, I dive into tequila.

Switched my trip from November 2-9 to December 11-18

Blue Angel was very accommodating- no problems there. Delta also switched flights with no questions asked, and even got me into a Comfort+ seat for the same price.

Looking forward to the trip! It is getting cold here in Michigan already!

6th thru the 15th, Tres Pelicanos (of course)

Looking at going December 12-19, haven't actually booked a hotel yet, but looking at the Allegro Cozumel. Has any one stayed here and gone diving with them?

Looking at going December 12-19, haven't actually booked a hotel yet, but looking at the Allegro Cozumel. Has any one stayed here and gone diving with them?
I prefer he Grand next door, but they share the same dive ops Prodive...Free Nitrox and I think $82 for a two tank dive. We moved away from ProDive and will use Aldora whom will pick us up at the Grand....The Grand is a great deal the week before Xmass!

I prefer he Grand next door, but they share the same dive ops Prodive...Free Nitrox and I think $82 for a two tank dive. We moved away from ProDive and will use Aldora whom will pick us up at the Grand....The Grand is a great deal the week before Xmass!

I think the deal we are looking at has one tank diving per day for each person, and it's cheaper then any other place we've found without the diving. We've never been, and it will be our first diving trip. The girlfriend likes all the pools and the beaches they seem to have.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom