December Roll call?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks @deepsea21! I had a beanie packed for “just in case” - hoping it’s not necessary as the sound of the Velcro is so irritating. But if it means staying warm it’ll be well worth it. Now I need to find a heated nail. Thanks for the suggestion.

How in the world did I miss a December roll call? We'll check in to Hotel Cozumel on 12/29 and check out on 1/5. All dives will be with Dive Paradise.

I am scheduled to arrive Dec 14th to the 21st. Has anybody considered canceling due to raging Covid numbers here in the US? Plus the State Department put Mexico on a Stage 4 travel restriction because of their numbers. Just wondering.

Heading there on the 12th and decided to extend from 8 days to months end, so we're committed.

Has anybody considered canceling due to raging Covid numbers here in the US?

As far as I'm concerned, with COVID #'s raging here that's even more reason to get down to Coz for a break. Mexico is taking COVID far more seriously than the USA. The State Department can say all it wants about COVID #'s in Mexico and many other countries... That's truly the pot calling the kettle black. This trip during COVID will certainly be "different" from our prior trips but I'll take a December trip to Coz any day right now over a trip to Florida where many are heading.

As far as I'm concerned, with COVID #'s raging here that's even more reason to get down to Coz for a break. Mexico is taking COVID far more seriously than the USA. The State Department can say all it wants about COVID #'s in Mexico and many other countries... That's truly the pot calling the kettle black. This trip during COVID will certainly be "different" from our prior trips but I'll take a December trip to Coz any day right now over a trip to Florida where many are heading.

Interesting comment (in red). In reading up on areas to possibly dive this winter, I was surprised to see that Mexico has virtually no restrictions on travel into the country from the US or other countries. Most other locations (including St. Thomas - the USVI) at least require a Covid test. My perception is that Mexico is NOT taking it that serious.

Interesting comment (in red). In reading up on areas to possibly dive this winter, I was surprised to see that Mexico has virtually no restrictions on travel into the country from the US or other countries. Most other locations (including St. Thomas - the USVI) at least require a Covid test. My perception is that Mexico is NOT taking it that serious.

I can't speak about the entire country, but based on our 12 day trip to Cozumel, which included a day in Playa, I would say that they are taking it VERY seriously.

Nearly everyone wore masks at ALL times, practiced social distancing, and used the hand sanitizer that was available in nearly every entrance to all businesses.

We frequently had the choice of downloading the QR code on the table and ordering from our phones rather than handling a menu.

The list goes on, and I could provide more examples.

Mikeycanuk & Wife 12/20-12/31 VRBO casa/Aldora

99% chance we are coming down. Had to re-book the flights and we are now doing the bag drag both ways. The flight down is with Air Canada's all biz 319 reserved for sports teams. Wasn't outrageous on points and half full so doubt it will get cancelled like the Toronto CZM direct flights did. 13 days to go!

I can't speak about the entire country, but based on our 12 day trip to Cozumel, which included a day in Playa, I would say that they are taking it VERY seriously.

Nearly everyone wore masks at ALL times, practiced social distancing, and used the hand sanitizer that was available in nearly every entrance to all businesses.

We frequently had the choice of downloading the QR code on the table and ordering from our phones rather than handling a menu.

The list goes on, and I could provide more examples.

Ahhh. I thought you meant the Mexican government. I think you mean the local people. I get it.

What I was saying is that the policies that allow folks from the USA to fly into their country unrestrained seems risky to me. And I say that as someone who is grateful for that policy, because we want to dive!!!! The US has more cases per capita than Mexico, if I'm correct. Canada won't let Americans into Canada. For good reason.

Back
Top Bottom