Decent internet in cave country?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Would unincorporated areas be covered???

I live here: Google Maps

No problem Pete, you lay the 15miles of fiber optics, with 2 repeaters and they will be delighted to hook it up to their switchbox - for a price.
I'm afraid that you'll have to stay with the old semaphore flags for data transmission.:banghead:
Mike

It is only about 3 degrees or (less) warmer than the springs right now.

Baby steps, guys. Like I said, the first step is to get her south of Valdosta. Don’t try for all of it at once. Once she gets used to 72*, then we can remind her of all the cool wrecks just down the road..... and with virtually the same temperature water.... :)

She’ll swear at us and say no way... But I’ve quit listening after all the other no way’s I’ve heard.

Meant 100% kindly and supportively — but also 100% seriously. I’ve got time...

No problem Pete, you lay the 15miles of fiber optics, with 2 repeaters and they will be delighted to hook it up to their switchbox - for a price.
I'm afraid that you'll have to stay with the old semaphore flags for data transmission.:banghead:
Mike

1000Base-EX is good for 40 km. Repeaters for 1000Base-LX (10km) are cheap and low power. 40km of OS2... less so. But worth it...

The lighting it up on their end.... not priceless: they’ll happily put a bigger price than I’m ready for! :)

It would appear Tbone and T Massey both had the same recommendation as me. Rum house, while slow, is fast enough to work from. I have stayed there 5 weeks in the last two months.

Mike
Nah, EX optics will certainly cover 15 miles without repeaters.

It would appear Tbone and T Massey both had the same recommendation as me. Rum house, while slow, is fast enough to work from. I have stayed there 5 weeks in the last two months.
As I. I sent a PM with the same recommendations... though I didn't know how fast or slow it was.

Oh I promise I'm not holding my breath.

You don't know stink until you dive in saltwater for a few days without rinsing your gear :vomit:

You know that rotten leaves/dirty pond water that your gear gets when diving feshwater?
Now add dead rotting fish scent on top of that...

:vomit:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom