Decent periodicals

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gentlegiant

Contributor
Reaction score
I am currently searching for a good scuba periodical (magazine) that comes close to meeting the following criteria:

1. Good mix of tech and sport diving articles.
2. Travel reviews and suggestions of some of the less travelled places that offer great diving.
3. Not as commercial as other "Mainstream SCUBA" magazines.
4. Not slanted towards any specific agency.
5. Equipment reviews that cover many manufacturers, not just those that advertise with you or make up the top x slots in sales.

This does not need to be a monthly magazine, but at least 4 issues a year would be appreciated. I am tired of the current "newstand" crop out there. Rodales even shorted me a month on my subscription. I love this board, but sometimes having a paper copy of something to read that covers these topics comes in handy like when traveling.

I like 'diver'. It is UK based so might not be that good for you :(. There is a load of international travel stuff and the equipment reviews are detailed and unbiased. No organisation bias.

www.divernet.com

I think an international subscription is cheaper than shelf price at the moment, too.

Scuba Diving The 800 lb. gorilla.

Undercurrent Travel reviews from serious dive travelers. Don't plan a dive vacation without it.

Fathoms New "adventure" travel magazine for divers - very slick, very pretty, so far.

Advanced Diver (Very) advanced to technical journal - high quality.

Immersed Technical journal. When it's good, it's very good, but the content quality is sporadic.

DIR/Quest The DIR journal - resistance is futile.

Steven

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom