Decided to take the plunge

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

smokin'

New
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hey there,
I just took my certification last month and am now hooked like a hungry grouper. I took my classes in Florida while on vacation with a friend from work and my daughter and her boyfriend. My girl and her other both had some ear issues and didn"t finish. My buddy and I made it thru and were the two oldest guys in the class. Both of us are over 50.

He actually brought me in because he knew I have been keeping reef tanks for a while and thought this would be a good segway. He was right. Although we did our cert dives in the Devils Den and Rainbow river in Florida, I can't wait to jump over to the saltwater world and see what I have been artificially creating in a natural enviroment.

I have always had a small presence on the reefing forum and it has been a major contributer to my enjoyment of that hobby. I am looking forward to the same helpful info source here.

Although I think I have taken well to this hobby, unfortunately my friend hasn"t. He has fallen into some equipment pitfalls (craigslist) and some health issues. That kind of leaves me without a dive buddy til I can get my daughter finished up and also I am working on pulling my son into the drink.

I live in South Carolina and am looking to do some offshore dives out of Charleston hopefully in the near future.I am working on taking the PADI peak porformance boyancy class from my lds to help hone in my skills. I have already gone out and done a skills clinic with them and worked on some of the basics.

Sorry this is a bit long winded. Hopefully I can get an oppurtunity to dive and learn from some of y"all.

Welcome! Much to learn along your journey....enjoy some dives to determine what exactly you want to work on....lots of educational videos on that Google machine for you to peruse.

Back
Top Bottom