Deco for Divers by Mark Powell

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mikecotrone

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I just finished this book and I wanted to recommend it. I wish I would have read if while I was going through my OW studies as it answered many of the physiological questions that I had from the gaps in my NAUI coursework. It also went into good detail on Nitrox, Decompression, and Saturation diving. Very well done Mr. Powell.

He could have used a proof reader though...yikes.

Other than that, awesome book!

There are quite a few minor errors, like mislabeled figures and graphs. None of it is difficult to puzzle out, but I also wish the publisher's folks had done a better job, given that it is really a superb reference book.

Reactions: Jax
There are quite a few minor errors, like mislabeled figures and graphs. None of it is difficult to puzzle out, but I also wish the publisher's folks had done a better job, given that it is really a superb reference book.

Oh I understand TS&M and Thanks for pointing that out. I was so intent with trying to stay deep into the physics of the book that I didn't notice that stuff on the first pass :)

Oh I understand TS&M and Thanks for pointing that out. I was so intent with trying to stay deep into the physics of the book that I didn't notice that stuff on the first pass :)

You'll notice them when you begin to reread stuff. It has fantastic content!

You'll notice them when you begin to reread stuff. It has fantastic content!

Thanks Paddler3d :) I was a bit overwhelmed on the detail with my first run so I am going to hit it again this weekend on my drive down to Ginnie Springs. Luckily I am riding and not driving :)

Thanks again!

Thanks Paddler3d :) I was a bit overwhelmed on the detail with my first run so I am going to hit it again this weekend on my drive down to Ginnie Springs. Luckily I am riding and not driving :)

Thanks again!

I have read it 3times, and still get a lot out of it.:D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom