Deco planner software recommendation

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've run ZHL profiles in Multi-Deco and on my Perdix to compare while teaching deco courses. The schedules are nearly identical, the differences amount to a small bit due to default ascent/descent rates.

There is an entire 27 page thread around Ross implementation of v-vplanner in which you also participated in. Interesting how memory fade when required.
I haven't been following this thread until I was notified that you'd quoted me. Why do you quote my post from a previous thread, more than a year ago? I'd appreciate some context here because I'm not particularly motivated for digging through a bunch of posts in a thread I wasn't aware of.

I haven't been following this thread until I was notified that you'd quoted me. Why do you quote my post from a previous thread, more than a year ago? I'd appreciate some context here because I'm not particularly motivated for digging through a bunch of posts in a thread I wasn't aware of.
Your post was quoted to prove that people believe Ross Hemingway had not implemented VPM correctly in V-Planner.

@ajduplessis

It pains me to defend Ross. Ross' understanding of the subtleties of deco theory were what was pulled apart not his programming abilities. If I hadn't purchased his software long before I became aware of the debacle around his strong beliefs regarding deco I probably wouldn't ever bother. But I'd already had it and been using it. It makes nice simple planning, he doesnt program his BS into it. Even @Dr Simon Mitchell has mentioned using Deco Planner. No one is forcing us to choose a particular software.

Your post was quoted to prove that people believe Ross Hemingway had not implemented VPM correctly in V-Planner.
The quote was a failure if that was its intent, and I believe it was.

@ajduplessis

It pains me to defend Ross. Ross' understanding of the subtleties of deco theory were what was pulled apart not his programming abilities. If I hadn't purchased his software long before I became aware of the debacle around his strong beliefs regarding deco I probably wouldn't ever bother. But I'd already had it and been using it. It makes nice simple planning, he doesnt program his BS into it. Even @Dr Simon Mitchell has mentioned using Deco Planner. No one is forcing us to choose a particular software.
Agree, I have no doubts about his programming abilities.
I do question his understanding of statistics, anecdotal "evidence" from a long list of "successful" (with no definition of what this means or how it was derived) and other methodological issues. But I feel pretty decent that VPM was actually written into V-planner correctly. Its just not the miracle model we all thought it was a decade ago.

So I have no problems using multideco. I would use decoplanner but it doesn't support CCR

Só, Ross’s view on decompression aside...

I have now downloaded iDeco Pro, MultiDeco and Baltic lite(just to get a few for it) and must say, MultiDeco looks rather bland in comparison to the others, for that much in difference of cost i was expecting much more.
There’s the mixing feature, which also seems pretty bland, and I already had an app for that, much better and only cost me about 6-7 bucks.

I can’t see on any of them the +5 features, or lost deco feature, I thought in the past those were just a click of a button and software would factor them into the already calculated profile, no?

There is an entire 27 page thread around Ross implementation of v-vplanner in which you also participated in. Interesting how memory fade when required.

The debate relating to the quote you provide from Storker had nothing to do with whether Ross had implemented VPM in multideco accurately. It concerned the legitimacy of +7 as a conservatism level in VPM. Ross denied that it was legitimate because it produced a decompression approach that was uncomfortably (for him) similar to the deep stops profile used in the NEDU study. Whereas it is abundantly clear from the original literature describing VPM that +7 is considered well within the original model parameters.

Ross chose to provide VPM conservatism levels up to +5 in his software, and the above discussion has nothing to do with whether he implemented those levels accurately. From time to time he exhibited some startling misconceptions about very basic levels of decompression theory, but I have seen no evidence that his software contained implementation flaws. And yes, I use it, though for planning dives with GF rather than VPM.

Simon M

Dang, looks like excell and a long afternoon are ahead of me. Thanks!

Subsurface has a nice CCR mode for desktop, as do Baltic and iDecoPro on my iPhone.

Knowing the opinions expressed by ajduplessis in the Deep Stops Debacle, I suspect his post was missing the sarcasm font.

Subsurface has a nice CCR mode for desktop, as do Baltic and iDecoPro on my iPhone.

Knowing the opinions expressed by ajduplessis in the Deep Stops Debacle, I suspect his post was missing the sarcasm font.

I use multideco but wish that I could easily generate a set of tables for a single depth like what AJ referenced.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom