Deco planner software recommendation

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I can't remember for sure, but I believe the trial version of V-Planner is limited in terms of gas mixes you can use. It's part of the motivation to buy the full-fat version.

Having said that, if you want to purchase software from Ross H, I recommend heavily against V-Planner. I suggest you, instead purchase MultiDeco, as it seems to have all the features of VPlanner you could want AND Buhlmann-compatibility. The two programs are also the same price, so why not get the more capable program?

Yes the trial version is limited to 50% deco gas. I seem to remember (but could be wrong) that helium isn't enabled in the trial either.

+1 for Multi-deco over v-planner.

I can't remember for sure, but I believe the trial version of V-Planner is limited in terms of gas mixes you can use. It's part of the motivation to buy the full-fat version.

Having said that, if you want to purchase software from Ross H, I recommend heavily against V-Planner. I suggest you, instead purchase MultiDeco, as it seems to have all the features of VPlanner you could want AND Buhlmann-compatibility. The two programs are also the same price, so why not get the more capable program?

It might have changed, but when last I checked it was "two for the price of one," and it didn't matter which you got first. I have both, but generally use MD for dive planning. If I'm mixing, I just pick one at random.

Thanks - I'll take a look at that one

I just downloaded tech deco for android which is free. It claims to be Buhlmann ZHL-16c with gradient factors, however I ran the same profile on my Perdix and the tech deco profile was about 10 minutes longer for 20 minutes at 50 meters. Functionality seems OK. Might be alright for generating SHTF tables but the lack of accord with the Perdix is a bit worrying. I guess you get what you pay for.

I just downloaded tech deco for android which is free. It claims to be Buhlmann ZHL-16c with gradient factors, however I ran the same profile on my Perdix and the tech deco profile was about 10 minutes longer for 20 minutes at 50 meters. Functionality seems OK. Might be alright for generating SHTF tables but the lack of accord with the Perdix is a bit worrying. I guess you get what you pay for.
What mix and GF were you using?

Could you post the profile by the two methods so we can try it out?

I tried 50 meters for 20 minutes, air and 80%, GF 30/70. I had the ascent rates set differently but having remedied that the Tech Deco still throws in a 3 minute stop at 24 meters, for a run time of 59 minutes as opposed to 53 minutes on the Perdix. The developer must still believe in deep stops. Interestingly, the old DiveRite Nitek workbench software is largely in accord with the Tech Deco software. Whatever they are using it is not pure Buhlmann with gradient factors. I tried to attach the Tech Deco profile but my poor skills are not up to it.

I tried 50 meters for 20 minutes, air and 80%, GF 30/70. I had the ascent rates set differently but having remedied that the Tech Deco still throws in a 3 minute stop at 24 meters, for a run time of 59 minutes as opposed to 53 minutes on the Perdix. The developer must still believe in deep stops. Interestingly, the old DiveRite Nitek workbench software is largely in accord with the Tech Deco software. Whatever they are using it is not pure Buhlmann with gradient factors. I tried to attach the Tech Deco profile but my poor skills are not up to it.
I ran the imperial version of the profile on MultiDeco. The first table is with 1 minute stops, the 2nd with 1 sec stops.
upload_2019-3-19_19-0-9.png
upload_2019-3-19_19-8-24.png

Scubadada, Your profiles pretty much agree with the Perdix, as they should. Lets see if i can post the Tech Deco profile. I thought the readers would be interested in what the free software does,especiallysince it appears to be new on the market.

Attachments

• Untitled.pdf
    22.2 KB · Views: 183
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom