Decompression Chamber-homemade

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TwoTanks:
Anybody know how much a yak costs?
or where to get one?
How many yaks does it take to haul a compressor?
where do you get yak food?
TT

Yaks are very expensive and not ideally suited to compressor hauling. I would reccommend camels as they have a factory installed gas supply..

You can also pick up about three or four camels in exchange for a slightly used swedish ex girlfriend.

cancun mark:
You can also pick up about three or four camels in exchange for a slightly used swedish ex girlfriend.

Wow! My wife's extremely flattered now. I got offered ten thousand camels for her on our last trip to Egypt.

My wife costs less to feed than the camels though... (off stage muffled sound: "Honey, stop hitting me with that twin fifteen liter. It was only a joooooooo... ouch!)

Bah! So it was all a joke! Well... let me get some input on this deco chamber in as well!

As far as strength goes... you could wrap the septic tank in duct tape several times. Just pick up a case of it at Costco, and whammo... instant structural strength improvement! Maybe you could also truss the tank up with some butcher's twine too...

I'm thinking that you might be able to line the Yak's pen with some of those little foot powered air pumps. When he walks around in it... he'll be helping pressurize the chamber! That should take care of the air compressor problem...

Heck, while you're at the tire store picking up the valves, maybe they have a couple air compressors lying around that you could pick up cheap! Just add in a couple pints of oil (synthetic is a marketing scam anyway), and you should be all set!

And just to make sure that everything is hunky dory inside the chamber... remember to add the canary cage.

-B.

mike_s:
..snip..
They said he has a "inflatable decompression chamber aboard"

Never heard of an inflatable decompression chamber. Anyone else?
..snip..

I thought they only used them in space:

Voskhod (1964 to 1965)
The spherical Voskhod capsule was basically an improved version of the Vostok, with a rearranged interior to accommodate three cosmonauts. To help make room for the cosmonauts, Voskhod became the first spacecraft in which the crew did not wear space suits. Objectives of the Voskhod program were to gather data on group crews and study human behavior outside the capsule.(3) Voskhod 2 was equipped with one space suit and an inflatable decompression chamber from which the first space walk was performed. There were two manned Voskhod missions.

from
http://flightprojects.msfc.nasa.gov/book/chap5.html

I think Jeff's link go broken. Try this one;
http://www.nautilussystems.com/chambers/chamber-frame.htm

There are a couple of companies making inflatable chambers. They are usually used in situations where a chamber is needed but space is limited.

Some of them are limited in the pressure they can hold and others are certified to 165FSW so they can do most of the Navy treatment tables.

Cost is similar to hard chambers but they are much easier to transport.

Robert Phillips:
Come on guys, Lawman is the Troll King, but you all took the bait!

Heh, heh, heh,,,,,

Ok, let's review the troll "clues".
1)His board name is Lawman, mmmmm, perhaps a hint as to his profession?? His sig line is "I'm trusting in the Lord and a good lawyer"
Ollie North, 1986......a coincidence?

2)This board is loaded with engineers and computer geeks (appellation lovingly applied)

Now, group one likes to instigate things. Group two likes to build things. It was like teasing a dog on a rope with raw hamburger, easy and fun. :D Gullible, gullible, gullible.

Shame on you Lawman!!!

Do it again! Do it again! :jump:

fairbanksdiver:
Bah! So it was all a joke!

well... it was posted on the Scuba Humor section :wink:

and a fiberglass sceptic tank?? brilliant

H2Andy:
well... it was posted on the Scuba Humor section :wink:
Check the thread history Andy - it was in the basic scuba discussions, Pipedope put it over here after most had put in their bit on the joke, or took it seriously. Its still amusing, but of course not all lawyers have a sense of humour :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom