Decompression Stop Guidelines - What we have to do if got deco alert?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That link confused the heck out of me.... I know we don't know everything about bubble creation but this statement ..

Quoted from the article.

"As he or she continues to descend, the nitrogen will then exit the tissues and blood and instead form tiny bubbles because of the drop in pressure."

NO, it doesn't help a bit on the topic!!
BTW, in your article you forgot to mention in order to avoid DCS completely, do not go scuba diving!
Yessss... that good idea.. Better dont go diving.. if you dont want got DCS.. nice one

Yessss... that good idea.. Better dont go diving.. if you dont want got DCS.. nice one
It is NOT an idea it is a FACT.

BTW, please remember that pressure increase as depth increase which is also a FACT.
Keep the fact right.

Last edited:
It is NOT an idea it is a FACT.
if you want to be picky have you read up on DCS for mountaineers and astronauts

If an infinite number of monkeys stay at a constant pressure for an infinite amount of time... one of them will eventually succumb to decompression sickness.

LOL... the triviality of debating this is laughable. :) :)

I didn't read this link when it was first posted. I just read it now. Wow! It is hard to believe that such a short article can have so much misinformation in it!

This is what happens when dive centers let fast-track DM interns do their social media.

It's embarrassing for its factual errors... grammatically, I assume English isn't the writer's native tongue...

This is what happens when dive centers let fast-track DM interns do their social media.

It's embarrassing for its factual errors... grammatically, I assume English isn't the writer's native tongue...
What is worse is the context of the post--this is a dive center posting misinformation in a thread that started with people discussing all the misinformation in an article posted by another dive center. In both cases, we are talking about misinformation on really, really basic stuff. I said I was troubled with the first one--now I am doubly troubled. At least this one is not an instructor development center.

Both are in Bali. I was diving in Bali this past autumn. I enjoyed the diving for the most part. There was no instruction involved, but there was one interesting issue with scuba facts. Our group was assigned a DM for our week of diving. We paid for a full EANx 32 package. On the first dive, our DM said our dive would be to a maximum depth of 20 meters/80 feet. I didn't correct him on that, figuring it didn't matter, and it didn't--20 meters was pretty much how deep that site was. The next dive he said the same thing, and again we stayed at 20 meters. The difference was that there as a whole lot of pretty good looking stuff deeper than that.

So the next time we dived together and he made the same announcement, I said, "You do know that 20 meters is 66 feet, don't you?" He didn't answer, and he repeated the same spiel on almost every dive. I eventually realized that he thought the MOD of EANx 32 was 80 feet (and he knew that in imperial units), and he had translated that to 20 meters, because his gauge was in metric units, despite the fact that I eventually corrected him 3 times. We eventually started going where we wanted, much to his exasperation. I think he was about to have a heart attack the time we went to 100 feet to see the very best coral formations we saw the entire trip, while he hung above us at 66 feet, clearly afraid to go as deep as we had gone. When we talked about it later, I told them that as soon as I got back in the USA, I would be teaching a class to certify students to 300 feet, and he was amazed.

He was an SSI instructor.

Back
Top Bottom