Deep 6 computer?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

While we are on your ass about this, I would like to request that it either comes with or has a bungee mount available.

Open questions for Deep6 if they see this!

1. Any info on how the cable will connect to the computer?
2. What's battery life expected to be like?
3. How often does the DC sample depth? (for better ascent rate indicators, recalculating NDL, etc - not just logging)

I'd be surprised if a device designed today still relied on some proprietary cable for a data connection - probably easier to just put Bluetooth LE in the device to start.

I'd be surprised if a device designed today still relied on some proprietary cable for a data connection - probably easier to just put Bluetooth LE in the device to start.

Unless the battery recharges via USB?

Rain, good point. It seems like it's more difficult to make a waterproof electronic connector than a waterproof battery cap, though. I like the way Shearwater does it, but BT LE may require an extra few bucks for a chip or have other factors that make it harder to implement in a more "budget" device.

The cosmiq does the Bluetooth and also a clip on USB charger through the case so no ports to seal just copper connections.

Yep, but the clip-on cables tend to be custom units that cost $100 instead of $10. If I were the designer, I would do what I could to provide some interface for PC download/charging that wasn't proprietary and expensive. If only it were easy to source a waterproof USB Type-C/Thunderbolt port...

John

The Deepblu cable is 14.99$

Charging Cable

It's charging only so I imagine it's just a standard USB charge cable with custom pin out connections

Yep, but the clip-on cables tend to be custom units that cost $100 instead of $10. If I were the designer, I would do what I could to provide some interface for PC download/charging that wasn't proprietary and expensive. If only it were easy to source a waterproof USB Type-C/Thunderbolt port...

John
I hear you on the $100 cable. I had to buy one for my Hollis DG03. However the explanation I was given is that it's not the proprietary cable that costs so much, but the cost to develop the software provided. Which sucks because I use Subsurface not Hollis's chappy software I apparently paid for. So I think they could potentially make a cheap clip on USB and provide an open source ability for it to be used with any software.

Would the computer be available for this Christmas?
Could I have them ship from Republic of China to HK to save time and shipping cost?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom