Deep 6 Drysuit Review

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

matt86

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I decided to bite the bullet and order the custom made drysuit when it was on sale. I'm 6'3" and 170 lbs, which doesn't work so well with off the rack suits. I had been diving a size large diving concepts z-flex, which barely fit my height, and had an ungodly amount of extra room inside.
I ordered the suit at the end of November, and it arrived at the end of February. It came with a bag, hood, knit hat, zipper wax, talc, and some patches. I tried the suit on with Fourth Element Arctic undergarments, and it fit great! I have a full range of motion with my arms and legs, and there's no extra material in the torso. It was a bit difficult to get on the first few times, but now that I've done it it's a piece of cake.
In the water, this suit handles excellent! I was able to take 4lbs of lead off compared to my last suit, and maintaining trim is effortless! I actually felt this suit was easier to dive than my 7mm wetsuit. The hood that is included works great with the warm neck collar, and stays tucked in. I added the 90mm kubi dry glove system, and it works perfectly with the suit.
If you've got any questions on the suit, ask away and I'll do my best to answer them. Thanks for the killer suit Deep 6!

Thanks @matt86 for the great review! Also, thank you for understanding that a custom made drysuit takes a while to make. It's important for folks to understand that our drysuit isn't a stockable item since they are all tailored to the customer. Measuring / cutting the fabric, sewing / gluing, testing, etc takes a fair amount of time. Nonetheless, I agree with you- nothing is better than a suit made specifically for you :)

Enjoy the suit and keep it wet! Well, the outside of it at least :wink:

I decided to bite the bullet and order the custom made drysuit when it was on sale. I'm 6'3" and 170 lbs, which doesn't work so well with off the rack suits. I had been diving a size large diving concepts z-flex, which barely fit my height, and had an ungodly amount of extra room inside.
I ordered the suit at the end of November, and it arrived at the end of February. It came with a bag, hood, knit hat, zipper wax, talc, and some patches. I tried the suit on with Fourth Element Arctic undergarments, and it fit great! I have a full range of motion with my arms and legs, and there's no extra material in the torso. It was a bit difficult to get on the first few times, but now that I've done it it's a piece of cake.
In the water, this suit handles excellent! I was able to take 4lbs of lead off compared to my last suit, and maintaining trim is effortless! I actually felt this suit was easier to dive than my 7mm wetsuit. The hood that is included works great with the warm neck collar, and stays tucked in. I added the 90mm kubi dry glove system, and it works perfectly with the suit.
If you've got any questions on the suit, ask away and I'll do my best to answer them. Thanks for the killer suit Deep 6!
Good review.... how about some pictures??

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom