Deep 6 Eddy OW wreck review

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Im a 10.5 in a Mares Trilastic hard sole boot. Recently ordered a large based off an email recommendation from Deep 6.
They felt a bit small and were returned them for XL's. Unfortunately there is side to side wiggle in the XL. Im going to have to sell them and decide if I should try the large again....Or maybe go with different boots.
who from here replied to that please?

@cerich,

Would it make sense to provide the circumference of your feet in the different configurations?

There had to be a clearer way.

Reading this makes me want to try the XLs (which I have now in my demo set).
it's about the boots ,and we have no way of listing every possible boot on the market

I use fourth element pelagic and aqualung manta 5mm boots both in size 11 and the large is perfect. When i tried the size 11 fourth element amphibian boots, they wouldnt fit. So my advice is try to find a new boot that fits snug in the eddys. They will perform better when you have a nice and snug fit.

What makes these hard to size (which is one of the benefits of the design in the feel of the fin while swimming) is that the foot pocket material is much much stiffer than most fins that have a soft rubbery foot pocket. It is going to be inherently more difficult to size these because the foot pocket is less forgiving to different feet. It really is worth it to find the right combo of boot and fin size. Once I got them dialed in (it took 2 fin sizes and 3 different booties from different brands), I am very pleased. The hard foot pocket makes them feel like part of your leg rather than fins attached to the front half of your feet.

it's about the boots ,and we have no way of listing every possible boot on the market
Chris,

You miss my point. You just give the measurements for the boots you have. The customer can do their own measurements.

@cerich I noticed the re-write on the fins. I think those annoying phone calls and emails should cease now. Much more clear on sizing.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom