Deep 6 equipment

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Deep6 is probably the most prominent. However, that is not without reason. Deep6's rebranded stuff is nothing special per say,

“Rebranding” is what Halcyon does by selling existing scubapro regs with the “H” logo added.

Deep6 just has their design being built out by a manufacturer. Although there are clearly some similarities to other regs.. Ie: the HOG D3.. they are not “rebranded”.

now there is a popular mask.. that is sold by several folks.. that are all the same with different brands logos on them...

comfort or because they're negative?
Comfort, better versatility dealing with surge and currents, I had stopped using them when I had trim issues with heavy legs, new heavy freedom plate has helped enough that heavy fins help. I find eddys to be more like slipstreams really good for frog kicks but near useless in current and surge where frog kicking can’t keep up. Jets are just better for my use.

“Rebranding” is what Halcyon does by selling existing scubapro regs with the “H” logo added.

Deep6 just has their design being built out by a manufacturer. Although there are clearly some similarities to other regs.. Ie: the HOG D3.. they are not “rebranded”.

now there is a popular mask.. that is sold by several folks.. that are all the same with different brands logos on them...
No one has all the characteristics of the Eddy fins: stiffness, comfort, weight, size.

Comfort, better versatility dealing with surge and currents, I had stopped using them when I had trim issues with heavy legs, new heavy freedom plate has helped enough that heavy fins help. I find eddys to be more like slipstreams really good for frog kicks but near useless in current and surge where frog kicking can’t keep up. Jets are just better for my use.

the military divers beg to differ, the rescue swimmers much prefer the Eddy/Slipstreams for flutter kicking, though I admit that I wish that Deep6 would come out with a negatively buoyant version

the military divers beg to differ, the rescue swimmers much prefer the Eddy/Slipstreams for flutter kicking, though I admit that I wish that Deep6 would come out with a negatively buoyant version
I’m not sure why I would care what a bunch of kids like, maybe the warm water divers are just to soft to get it.

even if it is customized design by deep 6, it is still contract manufactured. still a subset of rebranding. same situation as the scubapro regs made by TUSA.
So iPhones are rebranded Foxconn phones?

imported from taiwan and rebranded

Please explain.

The dive computer is a rebrand of the Crest CR4 computer, although there are several features being changed in upcoming FW that make it less of a rebrand and more of a different bespoke model.
The fins and regs are designed by @cerich from the ground up, they are manufactured by an OEM in Taiwan, along with most every other reg out there, including some that claim to be "Made in USA"
The wing is Chris own design in terms of materials and the quick dry, but really a wing is just a wing so no major innovations.
The wetsuit and drysuit are built by an OEM to Chris' particular specifications, you won't find those exact features on any other suits under a different logo. Sure, you could specify the features to a drysuit manufacturer and "build your own".
The resemblance to the HOG and EDGE regs aren't a coincidence, as Chris designed those too when he worked at those companies.
They have some "partner products" which are 3rd party products that they sell as dealers, specifically Divesoft and Divex scooters, clearly labelled as such on the site.

There is a VERY big difference between importing a product and adding a custom logo, vs contracting an OEM to build to your design, doing personal on-site QA and all that goes along with that. IIRC there are about 4-5 factories in the world that make 99% of all regulators available.

The dive computer is a rebrand of the Crest CR4 computer, although there are several features being changed in upcoming FW that make it less of a rebrand and more of a different bespoke model.
The fins and regs are designed by @cerich from the ground up, they are manufactured by an OEM in Taiwan, along with most every other reg out there, including some that claim to be "Made in USA"
The wing is Chris own design in terms of materials and the quick dry, but really a wing is just a wing so no major innovations.
The wetsuit and drysuit are built by an OEM to Chris' particular specifications, you won't find those exact features on any other suits under a different logo. Sure, you could specify the features to a drysuit manufacturer and "build your own".
The resemblance to the HOG and EDGE regs aren't a coincidence, as Chris designed those too when he worked at those companies.
They have some "partner products" which are 3rd party products that they sell as dealers, specifically Divesoft and Divex scooters, clearly labelled as such on the site.

There is a VERY big difference between importing a product and adding a custom logo, vs contracting an OEM to build to your design, doing personal on-site QA and all that goes along with that. IIRC there are about 4-5 factories in the world that make 99% of all regulators available.
I agree with all this. My post was about why the statement was made that the Signature was rebranded.

Back
Top Bottom