Deep 6 excursion versus Atmos Mission One.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

d^2b

Worse diving through photography
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I'd eventually like to get a Perdix AI, but I'll still want a backup computer (having had computer failures on liveaboards, and not enjoyed it). The two computers in the title are currently available for approximately the same price (at least while the M1 is on sale at pirahna). Is there a clear winner?

EDIT: I should mention that I don't care that much about smart watch features. I do care about libdivecomputer / subsurface support, and downloading dives to my laptop running linux.

I have the Deep 6 and it very closely matches my Teric, I have it as a travel type back up and loaner. No experience with the Atmos.

Got a Deep6 as a backup. Matches my Shearwater, reasonable user interface, great travel and backup computer.

Are there (recommendable) dealers for either in Canada? Cross-border shopping is mostly OK, but sometimes there are extra hassles.

I guess what with no diving in the immediate future, I'm going to keep an eye on which if either gets subsurface support.

Mission one will export DBF files. A small extra step, but the files open fine in subsurface. The app works sufficiently for viewing dive profile information, so I don't upload the DBF files that often any more unless I want to dig into specifics.

Mission one will export DBF files. A small extra step, but the files open fine in subsurface. The app works sufficiently for viewing dive profile information, so I don't upload the DBF files that often any more unless I want to dig into specifics.
Thanks, I'd forgetten about the DBF import option.

Having had both- Deep 6 all the way. Atmos is a cool colorful watch but in my experience it isn't accurate with depth, temps, auto back light and such. Hell in the pool it often wont even realize I am 13ft deep and wont turn on during the entire session. It does seem the deeper you go the more accurate it gets. As a smart watch it is severely lacking and often gives me gibberish and constant alarms.

It always gives odd NDL when compared to my Deep 6 and MK1.

The deep six doesn't look as nice but in my opinion currently it functions much better. But maybe a few more updates and the Atmos will be awesome...

I put mine at the bottom of my 6' deep pool. Turns on fine. I went under and picked it up twice... 81F is the same as my pool thermometer.

Attachments

• 20200611_170708.jpg
    20200611_170708.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 193
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom