Deep 6 Fin comparison

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

For those who haven't seen it, this is what's currently stated on the DeepSix web page about the Eddy Fin:

• - S/M - Orange - Soft
  • - S/M - White - Soft
  • - L - Orange
  • - L - Black
  • - XL - Orange
  • - XL - Black
  • - XXL - Black
  • - XXL - Black - Soft
A note on the fin material. The S/M comes in a similar polymer material just with a bit more flex to make the fin a bit softer. All other sizes comes in the standard flex material. We do however have a LIMITED number of XXL Black fins made from the softer material. Once these fins are gone, we will not be pressing any more of this type. Please contact us with any questions.

So maybe what I saw/handled was an early version of the L-Orange that used the softer material.

That's the thing--I don't know. As I understand it, presently, which compound the fin is made of varies with size. But that may have changed from previously, and may change again in the future. You may know more than I do in this regard.
only the small-med is in soft, there are some xxl in soft as well and normal (production mistake..yeah fun)

All the Lg and XL in the wild are normal harder

did you have the soft compound? i think mine are both the original hard compound
The softer material is the BOMB.... I dove both layups pre-production and they are totally different fins.... I worked much harder with the harder fins... the softer fin offered much more power on a kick.

OK... seeing how Chris posted and I hadn't seen it yet... maybe I have it backwards... he would know more about which fins I did the actual dive with... which ever layup I dove first was much harder on me.... the 2nd set I tried... (to stop sign and back towards peanut tunnel) ROCKED!!!!! I believe this was the lighter layup...

Hey Chris, heres an idea: why not have DGX carry a full size line of your fins in the doft material, and you sell only your hard material?

That way its easy to distinguish which one is which, while also allowing you to offer both fin materials without you having to stock them in your warehouse.

That's the age-old conundrum with fins, isn't it? Stiff fins can provide more power IF the diver's legs are up to the task. But if your legs are not that strong, you only end up hurting yourself and not getting more power, so you might as well use more flexible fins and make it easier on yourself. At least that's how I understand it.

That's the age-old conundrum with fins, isn't it? Stiff fins can provide more power IF the diver's legs are up to the task. But if your legs are not that strong, you only end up hurting yourself and not getting more power, so you might as well use more flexible fins and make it easier on yourself. At least that's how I understand it.

Never skip leg day.

Me and the buddy @Ron Crist sporting our Eddy Fins in St. Martin!!

chris4.JPG

neal1.JPG

Back
Top Bottom