Deep 6 light

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Marie13

Great Lakes Mermaid
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
The Deep 6 light caught my eye. I really like the push button operation, as I have difficulty with some of the lights you have to turn. The product description is lacking in detail, though. Looks like it takes rechargeable batteries. I'm assuming the light comes with them. What's burn time for each of the three modes?

Deep 6 Recreational/Backup Light - Lights

I'm ready to buy it (want it for my night diving specialty on the 15th), but I just need more info.

It takes an 18650 battery. Size is only slightly bigger than the battery itself. Maybe 50% thicker and 1" longer

I might do a burn test this week. I'll let you know when I do.

Just ordered the light!

If it's 1,000 lumens with the common cree xml module it will burn about 1 hour on high with it's single 18650 if you get a high capacity (3,400 mah) battery. There is a bit to learn about these types of lights and the 18650 lithium ion batteries that they use. The CandlePowerForums is a great place to read up on them. Once you get into them you may find yourself getting them for other uses as well. I have 10 or more lights of this type for my bikes, diving and utility around the house use. Some are really cheap for non-critical use. My primary recreational dive light uses two 18650 cells but is also 1,000 lumens so it is good for about 2 hours. My backup is one cell. I also have one that is wide angle for use with my gopro and will give color to my shots that are within about 2 feet. It is 650 lumens. There are good forums for these lights and batteries and chargers. I prefer my xtar charger that tells me what voltage the cells are at while charging them and is a smart charger. This type of battery technology is different than others you may be familiar with and has special handling, charging and storage requirements for best and safest use. These 18650 cells are commonly used to build up battery packs for laptops. Their form factor is too large however for newer slimmer laptop form factors.

Thanks. I was placing an order with DGX last night for a few odds and ends and ended up getting a few of their 18650 batteries ($7 each). I was given a DGX 600 light as a Christmas gift and their batteries have worked well. All the battery choices on Amazon were confusing, so I didn't buy from there.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom