Deep 6 Regulator Service on YouTube

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

As the guy who wrote the Deep Six Service manual have to say that the only thing I would add to the 1st stage video is if the reg has not been serviced and the parts of the body are very stiff or corroded, you can remove the DIN assembly first.
Then use steady even downward pressure with the pin spanner and 1st stage handle with the body on a rubber mat to loosen the parts. You can also soak the reg for a few minutes in warm water and vinegar to help the process. Even if they are not seized, a vise can be awkward for those not used to using one or when one is not available.

I watched all 4 videos and he did a very good job of illustrating the steps in the order they should be done. I do highly recommend that in addition to the videos, you have the manual and schematic in front of you.

Otherwise, it was a very good job.

I have saved and used those videos. Good stuff. Thanks to whomever made them!

Edit: I'm not familiar with the soap he used to clean the second stage plastic pieces, but I use Alconox.

Nice! I just completed the D6 service course. I was super happy with the pace of the course and level of instruction. @LandonL was amazing. I felt like I really got my money's worth, and I would highly recommend his course to anyone interested in servicing their regs. As a newbie service tech, though, having an additional resource such as this is really great! Much appreciated!

Nice, I will watch these when I have a few spare minutes. I assume they will be pretty consistent with the service of a HOG D3..

Back
Top Bottom