Deep 6 Service Clinic In / Around DC Dive Show?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Awesome. I'll bring some tools, a small vise if I can. Do we get a certificate or something afterwards so I'll be able to prove my reg was properly serviced, once I've done it?

I've never been asked to show the certificate of who serviced my reg..have you? You might need a cert if you service other peoples regs though.

I've never been asked to show the certificate of who serviced my reg..have you? You might need a cert if you service other peoples regs though.
I volunteer in an aquarium. We can only use our own gear if we can show it has been properly serviced. A bill of sale is ok initially, and I got by a second year by showing the reg manual only requires some functional checks, but now I need to show it has been properly serviced. It is OK it is by me, if I'm manufacturer trained. I'm trained on Oceanic and DiveRite, but that doesn't count.

I volunteer in an aquarium. We can only use our own gear if we can show it has been properly serviced. A bill of sale is ok initially, and I got by a second year by showing the reg manual only requires some functional checks, but now I need to show it has been properly serviced. It is OK it is by me, if I'm manufacturer trained. I'm trained on Oceanic and DiveRite, but that doesn't count.

Always learning something new.

you should get a c card from the agency

Some dive shops with training pools have pool days where you can come check gear, practice skills, etc. They have a requirement that gear be serviced in the manufacture service interval to use the pool.

Awesome. I'll bring some tools, a small vise if I can. Do we get a certificate or something afterwards so I'll be able to prove my reg was properly serviced, once I've done it?
yes, cert and a TDI Card

Full disclosure: I have no tools for this, but I have some normal tools. I also haven't gotten my Deep 6 Signature first stage yet, though I am willing to as needed.

Also, has there been a post on the cost of the seminar? I haven't seen that yet.

Full disclosure: I have no tools for this, but I have some normal tools. I also haven't gotten my Deep 6 Signature first stage yet, though I am willing to as needed.

Also, has there been a post on the cost of the seminar? I haven't seen that yet.

$200, tools not needed, but would help. 2/23 9am-4pm

Referencing the set of tools posted I have a few questions;

How imperative is it to use a torque wrench? I mean how many LDS actually use one (I get it has to be in the manual), but in real life?

Do we really need 3 spanner wrenches? Or is it you use 2 (of different sizes) and the 3rd only comes in 1% of the time when your reg is really gunked up?

Back
Top Bottom