• Welcome to ScubaBoard

1. Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
    • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
    • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Login or Register now by clicking on the button

Deep 6 Signature Regulator Review

Discussion in 'Deep 6 Outfitters' started by Scuba J7, Dec 12, 2017.

1. Scuba J7

Scuba J7 Instructor, Scuba

# of Dives: 200 - 499
    Thanks for the link and the info contained within, makes their tests seem a little more on level. I was under the impression that the RMV was imperial as is the depth on their test.

scubadada likes this.
  2. alter718

alter718 Angel Fish

# of Dives: 0 - 24
    So well put. I've been researching regs and wasting way too much time obsessing over scores that in daily practice will mean nothing to a new diver like me. Thanks for this post!

scubadada likes this.
  3. scubadada

scubadada Diver Staff Member ScubaBoard Supporter

# of Dives: 1,000 - 2,499
    Hi @alter718

I've spent a good amount of time over the years attempting to understand scuba topics and issues. I'm always glad when I can assist others.

Good diving, Craig

alter718 likes this.
  4. Doz2064

Doz2064 Angel Fish

# of Dives: 50 - 99
    Just returned from our annual dive trip to Bonaire and wanted to let everyone know how our signature series regs worked. In a word....Flawlessly. Just before our trip my wife and I purchased sets of the signature series 1st and 2nd stages. We did 27 dives in 6 days. We dove inverted, on our back and in about every other imaginable position at one time or another. No issues at all and easy breathing. The only issue my wife had was jaw fatigue after a bit, but not enough to change our dive plan. We had our regs set up with a 40" hose on primary/donate reg and 20" hose of secondary on a necklace. We will experiment with her hose routing to see if that has any effect. Over all, we are very happy with our signature series regs.

Tournesol2000 likes this.
  5. aviator8

aviator8 Photographer

# of Dives: 25 - 49
    I have almost the same set and about to put them through their first multi day dive. for the long hose are you running it straight to the second stage, with an elbow, or an omniswivel? If you don't have one an elbow or Omniswivel may help out with jaw fatigue

6. scubadada

scubadada Diver Staff Member ScubaBoard Supporter

I have had the same setup for quite a while. I have tried a 70 degree elbow, a 90 degree elbow, and have been diving an Omniswivel for several years, easily the most comfortable, especially with a lot of diving.

7. eelnoraa

eelnoraa DIR Practitioner

# of Dives: 100 - 199
    First, I think scubalab measurement isn't entirely objective. And I think "NA means regulator did not successfully complete that level", it probably really mean test was NOT conducted. Anyone with experience with Deep6 knows it isn't a bad regulator at all. In fact, point me to a mainstream modern balanced regulator that is bad

I wouldn't say Deep6 is better or worse than mk17/G260. They just feel different. I think every 2nd stage, due to the geometry, venturi setup, etc, they tend to feel different. In one of my class which we were required to share air and exit, I had Atomic M1. Other two member in the team has mk25/A700, and DST/XTX50. Everytime I breathed from their regulator, I felt both of theirs were better. We later discussed about this and we came to a conclusion that it is not better or worse, just different. We even swapped regulators during the class.

8. Doz2064

Doz2064 Angel Fish

# of Dives: 50 - 99
    Running long hose under arm with 90 degree elbow at 2nd stage. short hose over shoulder. also considering softer/smaller mouthpiece.

Goingforsound likes this.
  9. grf88

grf88 Divemaster

I changed out the Deep6 mouthpieces for Apeks ComfoBite which significantly reduce jaw fatigue.

Dogbowl likes this.
  10. lowflyer

lowflyer Divemaster

# of Dives: I just don't log dives
    I switched out the mouth piece on mine for a stiffer one because I thought the Deep6 mouthpiece was too soft, causing me to have to bite down on it to keep it straight in my mouth resulting in jaw fatigue. And yes I do have an omniswivel also.

Other than that I have put quite a few dives on my Signature set and find it easy to breath in any position and trouble free.