Deep 6 Techniflex drysuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

the_ocean

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Any reviews out there on this suit?
Deep 6 Techniflex Drysuit with Two Pockets Front Entry - Drysuits - Thermal

Is it the same as the USIA techniflex that DRIS carries or is there something special about the Deep 6 version?

I'm looking at my first drysuit, for California Beach and boat dives. Eyeing the Deep 6 suit and also the Whites Fusion. Have seen lots of info on the latter, and the USIA Techniflex seems to have been around for a while already, so I'm wondering what Deep 6 is doing differently with this offering.

honestly not much different than the Techniflex. It's a great suit.

Our other drysuit is much more uniquely Deep 6, and a awesome suit

Our Makara is an amazing suit if you can make the slight jump.

I can list a few features for it here:

1.) Custom cut only - so it will fit perfectly.
2.) Comes standard with two pockets.
3.) Pockets have been angled forward for more comfort if diving sidemount.
4.) Kevlar knee/elbow patches at joints.
5.) Warm collar
6.) Awesome tech boots (combination boot, that is made of neoprene, so more comfortable)
7.) Many options for seal choices: shape, material (silicone/latex), SiTech ring systems, etc.

All of these features are available at a fraction of the cost compared to what a similar suit would cost from other manufacturers. We are simple able to do it at this price because of our business model.

Of course many of the above options are available on our Techniflex model if requested.

Please let us know if you have any additional questions.

Cheers,
Landon

Did you choose the Whites/Aqua Lung or the Deep 6? I am just looking into dry suits and am narrowing to the Fusion Bullet or the Deep 6 Makara. I wish Deep 6 had more pics on the options. I am leaning Makara direction but would love to hear your decision points. My first drysuit. I live in CO and am tired of 7mm neoprene.

Bill

Edit: I went to the Ursuit site to get more details. Gives me a better idea of options. Makara has some build differences but at least I have more of the basics.

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom