Deep Six DGX Streamlined package

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Piggy backing on this. Thinking longer term, would this be a good base for a sidemount setup?

You could do that if you wanted (and plenty of people do). However, in my experience it's convenient to have a dedicated single-tank reg set and a separate doubles set:
  • I sprained my ankle this summer and wasn't able to walk with BM doubles. No problem, I dove single-tank and I didn't have to swap any hoses to do it.
  • On long quarry dives, my singles reg set goes on my stage bottle and I just tuck the extra hoses under the bands.
  • If you blow a hose or have some other failure on your doubles set or just need an extra (e.g., drysuit hose), you can scavenge off of your singles set back at the car.
  • Let's be real! If you get into tech diving, you'll start finding all sorts of needs, wants, and excuses to get extra regs for what you want to do. The more, the merrier.

• Let's be real! If you get into tech diving, you'll start finding all sorts of needs, wants, and excuses to get extra regs for what you want to do. The more, the merrier.

I haven't even jumped into tech diving and I'm already there. My Mares set doesn't explicitly say its cold water approved, but its a fine backup octo. I figure I can rock the DGX D6 all winter and in spring start down my tech path. :)

I ended up buying the Deep 6 Gear reg set yesterday after talking with Landon for a bit. I went with the Scribble first stage. I'm hoping to get a dive in next weekend, and the weekend after that I'm doing a dive as well.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom