Deep Six Outfitters Eddy Fin

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

reks_mallo

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Im interested in hearing any first handed experience with the Deep Six Outfitters Eddy fins. I really like the orange color but since they are relatively new Im curious if anyone has had a chance to try them out.

P.S.
If this goes the way Im hoping, I will be buying a pair after my next dive trip and write my own review of them.

:daydream:

Mine should be here tomorrow. Not sure when I'll have a chance to dive them.

Hopefully I will be able to report tonight

Lol, just another copy of the venerable Scubapro Jet Fin. I'll be glad when something really new shows up.

why fix what ain't broke? i was kind of hoping they would be a longer blade style rather than paddle though. aka a less negative version of the hollis f1. i think i will probably keep an eye out for a pair of DR XT's still

I honestly dont see these as a reliable fin... The Eddy fins are supposed to be a slightly different take on "jet fins". The "jet fins" design is rock solid. I'm just curious how these compare to other variations of this style fin.

Well, they aren't rubber, weigh much less (5.2lbs a pair versus the 7.2 of jets I just weighed on the same scale) They are pretty much neutral in fresh, positive in salt water. The foot pocket is VERY different than a jet, we spent a ton of time working on making the most comfortable foot pocket we could giving full foot support without digging into teh top of your foot. The speing strap attachment is different than jets as well, and you get to choose between the pull tab spring cover or webbing (every pair comes with the webbing if you prefer to use)

They are also $100, versus $140-150 for the jets with a spring strap.

In fact you can get two pairs for $180 so you can have a pair for diving wet and a pair for diving dry.

Back
Top Bottom