Deep Six Outfitters Eddy Fin

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

But, you don't use both bolts on each side, right? Mine came with the spring loop on the first bolt, the second bolt not in use. I removed the first bolt on one side of each fin and pushed the spring in to the second bolt to tighten the spring on my foot a tad bit, but I didn't try to force the first bolt back in through the spring, that wouldn't make any sense...right?
correct, basically there are three size adjustments. both on back posts (largest) one on front post and one on back post on other side(middle) and both on front post (smallest)

correct, basically there are three size adjustments. both on back posts (largest) one on front post and one on back post on other side(middle) and both on front post (smallest)

Very cool, I did not notice that! But again, my damn fins are under the tree. I got to inspect them for about 5 min. They did have enough lube on them for a night out at the club. Just sayin.

yes, the S/M is most likely a safer bet. But isn't here yet... :-(

Any updates or prediction of when the S/M will be available.

I tried the Large, but they are too big with my lighter travel boots. I am thinking about keeping them and trying them with my heavier boots (not for traveling).

Any updates or prediction of when the S/M will be available.

I tried the Large, but they are too big with my lighter travel boots. I am thinking about keeping them and trying them with my heavier boots (not for traveling).
I have some coming by air this week, so early next

Really wanted to give these fins a try but between the currency exchange and the shipping/taxes/duty I am looking at $250.00 Canadian.

Yeah, i know that Problem. For me it would've been about 200€. Luckily i found an extremely nice person who brought a pair with her from the US. This way it was about 90€ (plus some Beers for her :)), which is fair.
Can't wait to try them out!

Really wanted to give these fins a try but between the currency exchange and the shipping/taxes/duty I am looking at $250.00 Canadian.

Speak to cerich about getting a pair sent from Asia. He organised a nice price for me, even though I didn't end up following through (already have 4 pairs of fins probably don't need any more :p).

Speak to cerich about getting a pair sent from Asia. He organised a nice price for me, even though I didn't end up following through (already have 4 pairs of fins probably don't need any more :p).
Picking USPS to ship to Canada over UPS would save quite a biut of money on the broker side versus UPS.

Shipping with regards a pair of fins is what it is, they get Dimmmed. Dimensional weight - Wikipedia

I don't set the rates, I have negotiated better rates with UPS but in truth it will be a bit until I can get rates as low as more established bigger companies

Would it end up being cheaper if you could arrange with someone in the US to buy a pair, then turn right around and ship it into Canada? I'm sure the shipping wouldn't be cheaper, but maybe that could bypass some taxes/duty fees?

I have items sent to Home - Cross Border Pickups who then bring it across the border to a location near Dixie and 401. You have to pay any taxes and duties on the items but there is no brokerage to pay and their fees are very reasonable, it would be about $9.00 Canadian for a pair of fins. You can pick it up from there or they will ship it to you at additional cost. It is usually a lot faster than USPS because it doesn't get stuck in customs on this side. On the fins and regs that I bought there was only H.S.T to pay.

Back
Top Bottom