Deep6 metric SPG and DIN to Yoke adapter

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

divinh

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I recently received my Deep6 order and thought it might be helpful to post some pics of items they haven't posted updated photos for on their site.

When did metric spg become available? I asked for those in October and was not given any promise they are coming this soon. Now only waiting for .eu webstore...

When did metric spg become available? I asked for those in October and was not given any promise they are coming this soon. Now only waiting for .eu webstore...

I think I lucked out timing-wise. I was going to place my order on U.S. Thanksgiving, November 23rd, or Black Friday, the day after, but was too busy to do so and had to wait til Saturday November 24th, early AM. I think it probably went up on Black Friday sometime, as I would imagine Deep6 would be off on Thanksgiving. The days prior, I had been looking for a metric SPG.

Have you dived that braided hose yet?
I got that same hose from Deep6 not too long ago and dove it last week. The guage worked great, but the hose leaked air at the swivel. Deep6 offered to replace the hose but no longer offer braided.

I recently received my Deep6 order and thought it might be helpful to post some pics of items they haven't posted updated photos for on their site.

I once tried a DIN to Yoke adapter while on a dive in Cozumel. ABSOLUTELY HATED IT-it makes my DIN 1st stage stick out at least 3 inches, hitting the back of my head. So as an FYI, you may want to test fit this adapter on a tank. So now whenever I travel, I just have my LDS convert my 1st stage back fourth between DIN and Yoke.

Have you dived that braided hose yet?
I got that same hose from Deep6 not too long ago and dove it last week. The guage worked great, but the hose leaked air at the swivel. Deep6 offered to replace the hose but no longer offer braided.

I have not. I just opened the package on Saturday. Good to know about the braided hose. I don't dive locally, just on vacation and my next one isn't til July 2018, so thanks for the head's up! I should probably take everything to the local dive shop, set it up and do a test dive in their pool.

I once tried a DIN to Yoke adapter while on a dive in Cozumel. ABSOLUTELY HATED IT-it makes my DIN 1st stage stick out at least 3 inches, hitting the back of my head. So as an FYI, you may want to test fit this adapter on a tank. So now whenever I travel, I just have my LDS convert my 1st stage back fourth between DIN and Yoke.

Erg. I had done some web research and had read the protrusion is only about 1 in. I'll definitely have to test! It would be great if Deep6 could post a photo of DIN + adapter compared to just Yoke and posted the distance.

Erg. I had done some web research and had read the protrusion is only about 1 in. I'll definitely have to test! It would be great if Deep6 could post a photo of DIN + adapter compared to just Yoke and posted the distance.
I wouldn't worry too much about it. The math doesn't even make since. The din threads go into the adapter brining the part that attaches to the yoke valve within the same range as a normal yoke connection. Maybe a half inch added in there if anything. Considering the amount of times you will use it. I would suggest you don't spend the money on a yoke kit or the fee to install it. A trial in a pool may be in order. Let me know the results!

I have not. I just opened the package on Saturday. Good to know about the braided hose. I don't dive locally, just on vacation and my next one isn't til July 2018, so thanks for the head's up! I should probably take everything to the local dive shop, set it up and do a test dive in their pool.[/QU

The leak on mine is noticeable if I just get it on the first stage on a tank, pressure it up and put some water around the swivel.

Back
Top Bottom