Deep6 Wetsuit Sale

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The relief zipper I had added to my Deep6 wetsuits is the best move I've made in gear lately. seriously grateful for it on every dive. Love these wetsuits for so many reasons. The fact they have been discontinues was a disappointment so I bought an extra for the future.

The relief zipper I had added to my Deep6 wetsuits is the best move I've made in gear lately. seriously grateful for it on every dive. Love these wetsuits for so many reasons. The fact they have been discontinues was a disappointment so I bought an extra for the future.
Can you share how the relief zipper looks? Did you do it, or send it somewhere?

See Post No. 20 above, where Ray recommends Terrapin Wetsuits for adding a relief zipper, which is where I plan to send mine. I assume it's, uh, a zipper in the crotch area. Ray?

I dove the 3mm off south Breakers reef. My comp showed 71F and I was more than warm. The pockets work very nicely for smb and reel in one and wet notes and mask in the other. What Is typically placed in the zippered part of the pockets. I also used a dive skin to make it easier to go on and off.

I think Cavers put cookies and arrows in these... easy access for tiny stuff like that.

Otherwise, I put my cell phone in one.

Kidding. :)

Someone needs to explain to me how a relief zipper works on a wetsuit. I presume between dives, unless the diver is expected to kinda reach down, unzip, and release the hounds and water the reef?

Seriously. What is the deal with a relief zipper on a wetsuit? I get the urge during the dive. No way I'm holding it until I get out - and when I gotta go between dives, I'll just take off the suit.

Is relief zipper to wetsuit what pee valve is to dry suit? I mean, during-the-dive, on-the-trigger dehydration device?

Curious. Never heard of such a thing on a wetsuit.

- K

76C110B6-551A-49AE-8164-FF770BA6A3BB.jpeg
4BE6EAEA-ECAF-4B40-8E0D-822A52A0D7BF.jpeg

I have another suit where the zipper is installed horizontally but vertically works better with the crotch strap.

Took my 3mm out for a spin here yesterday. WARM! (water temps in Hawaii are still not too cold)

Added 6# which was pretty much spot on (normally use 12# with board shorts and rashguard). I did have to fin down a bit once a couple feet under but once I got a little suit compression my buoyancy felt spot on and I was able to maintain my safety stop easily with a near empty tank.

I'm not a small guy, 6' 250# in a XXL. Fit is awesome throughout the body, just a few inches long in the arms and legs. Rolling them up worked great.

Very happy with my purchase and all our instructors on our boats that saw me were impressed with it.

Is that on the front or back?
The kevlar reinforcements on my Deep6 3mm are only on the kneecap side, not the "kneepit" side. Since they can be seen in the photo, I'd say we are looking the suit from the front.

@RayfromTX that's neat. Other wetsuit relief zippers I have seen were diagonal. Top end somewhere between belly button and the goodies, running 8 or 10 inches down one leg -- seems the vertical placement here is superior. Do you find it easy to use both in-water and out?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom