Deep6 Wetsuit Sale

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The wetsuit should break in with dives. I found it to loosen slightly and begin to conform to me. I think those pieces were just to protect the zippers from impressing the suits during storage and transportation.
They are just to protect, tear off and use.

My 7mm suit arrived today, finally(UPS is having a very bad Christmas, it appears). The size is fine, although it is very stiff. I can't imagine how much lead I'll need to sink this thing. It looks like I'll have to plan a trip to the Galapagos to find out.

My 7mm suit arrived today, finally(UPS is having a very bad Christmas, it appears). The size is fine, although it is very stiff. I can't imagine how much lead I'll need to sink this thing. It looks like I'll have to plan a trip to the Galapagos to find out.

I only added 4 lbs going from 5mm to the D6 7mm...

For those that got the 7mm. I commented on how tight the forearms are because of the black gusset reinforcement in the inside. It did not feel like it had any stretch. I shoved a Tervis cup down each sleeve and left the widest part at that point for about a week. It seems to have stretched out and is not uncomfortably tight in that area now. So if you find that calf or forearm area tight try stretching it out with a cup. The tervic cup works nice because I can gently stretch it by working the cup a little deep every few days.
C202999D-2766-4C2B-AA23-47B473F0B63C (2).jpeg

I took my new 3mm suit, booties, and, of course, the orange flippers to Turks and Caicos last week on the Aggressor boat. Comments were made about me being a "fashionista", which I roundly denied. Getting past the seals was a pain for the first few dives, until I started folding them back a couple of inches before pulling them on. I had 8# of lead in addition to the SS plate and still had to kick down from the surface. That weight was pretty close though, with only a little air left in the wing at the safety stops. Definitely floatier than my old Henderson 3mm suit which takes 6#+SS plate. Arms and legs are long, but hips and upper body fit are fine, with me being just shy of 170.

I took my new 3mm suit, booties, and, of course, the orange flippers to Turks and Caicos last week on the Aggressor boat. Comments were made about me being a "fashionista", which I roundly denied. Getting past the seals was a pain for the first few dives, until I started folding them back a couple of inches before pulling them on. I had 8# of lead in addition to the SS plate and still had to kick down from the surface. That weight was pretty close though, with only a little air left in the wing at the safety stops. Definitely floatier than my old Henderson 3mm suit which takes 6#+SS plate. Arms and legs are long, but hips and upper body fit are fine, with me being just shy of 170.
I happen to be taking my brand new 3mm to T&C in two weeks but on the Explorer. I don't have the orange fins but do have the Deep 6 BP and wing with a faded orange inflator hose. I expect the water to be maybe a degree colder by then. Was the suit warm enough on its own? I am not very cold natured but am thinking of taking a shortie as well.

My 3mm was shipped today; customer support (Bert) answered my query about size and recommended a Medium. I'm 5'9"; 170#; 34 waist; 42 chest. Will post once I've had it in the water, both with and without a hooded vest underneath.

I think it depends on how many dives you'll be doing. I did all 27 over the course of 5 1/2 days and was getting cool, and tired, by the end of the week. I started off bare-headed, went to a light skull cap, and then a hood. The suit was definitely warmer than my Henderson 3mm but that many dives does suck the heat out of you, even in warm water. The Caribbean boats are the only ones where I've ever seen that schedule, probably because of the plentiful moorings and ease of moving the boats.

My plan is to do them all. It is my first liveaboard so time will tell. Just to be prepared I am taking a 2.5 MM shortie, a hooded Lavacore vest and my D6 3mm.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom