Deepblu COSMIQ+ users' experiences please

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have a Cosmiq+ and use it frequently. For recreational diving in dark waters ( I live in Norway), it is a perfect little computer as the screen is super easy to read in the dark. My back-up computer, which is back-lit, just sits on my other arm and I never really have any use for it. It is super easy to adjust O2-settings, charging is a breeze, and synking to my phone is very convenient. Don't have much use the social media-part of the software, so won't comment on that.

I wish the sound-alarms could be alittle higher as I cant hear them thorugh the hood. A future upgrade to include gas swith would be nice, but all in all it has never failed me on recreational diving.

I have had one for a year and a half and it just died on me. We noticed last trip to Cozumel that it appeared water droplets were under the screen. I emailed Deepblu and sent them photos but they did not respond. Last week in Roatan it was working for the first 4 days, but then after a dive it didn't charge and then died when battery ran out. It now won't recharge and won't turn on. I contacted Deepblu for an RMA and explained that it was dead and would not charge or turn on. Today I received an email stating they needed more information and a video to show what is wrong. I took a video of it sitting dark on my counter. I am sure that will tell them exactly what is wrong. Needless to say I am not impressed by their support so far. Fingers crossed they decide to honor the warranty.

Mine can turn on for a fraction of a second but will not charge either. I am hopeful to cleanup the PCB and contacts that got oxydized by the short pool water moisture and repair. But if I have no screw to close it, there is no point in trying ...

I am still a taker for those torx screw specs if you can retrieve that !

Success !
I cleaned up the PCB, the screen connector, the copper blade to the contacts of the charger, and now the Cosmiq+ will charge and display just fine !

And yet ... I am still without the 4 torx screws to close the unit ...

Please, pretty please, if anyone can measure, retrieve the specs for those screws, please let me know.

The different torx types available are called:
m1,6
m2
m2,5
m3
m4
m5
m6

Which one of those types is closing the Cosmiq+ ?
Please, could some owner of a dead Cosmiq+, just take a caliper an give me the size of the torx screws, or take a photo of a screw next to a ruler.

I took a video of my dead Cosmiq and sent it to Deepblu and they said that it did qualify for return. They sent instructions and yesterday I mailed it back to them. Today I get my mail and I have already received a replacement! They sent a new unit before the old one was even received. I have to admit I was a bit skeptical of their service at first but they exceeded my expectations with this process. Thanks Deepblu!

I found out with great help from Macado that the screws closing the Cosmiq and Cosmiq+ are :

M1.6-0.35x5mm

Looking for the exact same head and drive (torx T4) on ebay or amazon, I couldn t find it, especially in stainless steel 316. However, it looks like the original screw, with its black finish is not marine grade steel. So I settled for a stainless steel with a cross drive. The case is now closed and properly watertight.

I bought a Cosmiq+ in UK in June. I've completed 20 dives with it. Last Sunday, after 2 shallow dives in Portugal, it locked out showing CEL. Both buttons were inoperative and I was unable to turn it off or change mode. After about an hour it started responding but I found that it had logged it's own dive while it was on my wrist during lunch. The phantom dive was 13mins at 3.0 metres with a water temperature of -9.9C. This false dive cannot be deleted or the instrument reset. I had planned a third dive but the surface time was now incorrect so I had to cancel. Deepblu technical support took 3 days to respond and described the problem as 'unideal'. In my view this instrument is borderline dangerous and I will not be using it again.

For those considering a purchase be aware that, even in progressive mode, the algorithm is extremely conservative and I have always had a shorter no decompression time than any other diver at any depth.

the screen is also impossible to read in sunlight.

Used one as a backup on my deco course.
It died everytime I reached 38m depth and came back to life again upon resurfacing. I would not recommend this one.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom