Deepest solo yet

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nemrod is right, a US Divers vintage doublehose, with proper service is more reliable than any new regulator, even in most freezing conditions. Only a truly environmentally sealed regulator would be better in the most severe freezing conditions. Still, except in very shallow diving, I always have a backup.

For my most critical or dangerous OC dives, my double hose is the primary and either an environmentally sealed Conshelf or Poseidon Cyklon 300 is the backup. I have yet to see anything safer. I have trusted this combo way beyond 300 feet many times.

Also, I almost always carry my deco gas with me (I often dive triples) rather than relying on stages hanging from a line.

Deep diving doesn't scare me, diving beyond my equipment, training or experience (or with an instabuddy:shakehead:) does.

Hi everyone, this weekend I completed my deepest solo dive to date, I maxed out at 103 feet on a shipwreck in Lake Erie.

Congratulations Jim. Lake Erie can be as dark at that depth as three times that in the Caribbean. It certainly is a psychological barrier crossed. Great work!

My deepest solo is 1326 feet (saturated). I was alone in the water for 2 hours on a rotating shift with another diver, so I guess I can call it solo, but I wasn't really alone.

In the commercial field we're more concerned about how long it takes to come up than depth or penetration. This dive represents an ascent time of just over 14 days. :)

This is my 6-times-a-year post to make Scubaboard stop complaining that I haven't posted recently. I've been to 156 solo, with a highly redundant configuration (double 100's, two computers, lift bag and smb).

Deepest Solo -Commercially- 265' ( with surface support).
Recreational-170',kinda' freaked me out & had to abort dive as I wasn't feeling 100%.
Probably wouldn't attempt that depth solo again at least not for a while.:(

I did a solo dive to 183 ft at ship rock Catalina. it was a great day of diving. three dives at ship and one at eagle reef. could not ask for a better day.

My deepest solo is 1326 feet (saturated). I was alone in the water for 2 hours on a rotating shift with another diver, so I guess I can call it solo, but I wasn't really alone.

In the commercial field we're more concerned about how long it takes to come up than depth or penetration. This dive represents an ascent time of just over 14 days. :)

Could you explain this to someone who has no idea what the above said? Here is what I've read.

It took you two weeks to come up from that depth.

If I would venture to guess you came up quicker and was put in a chamber? Could you describe a little more? PM is ok as well if this is not the right forum.

Thanks!

He is a commercial diver. For deep work they tend to work from portable diving bells. They basically live in the diving bells untill the job is done. They are saturated with Nitrogen (full of Nitrogen for the given depth) so it takes a very long time to come up.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom