Deepest solo yet

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

150' is my deepest solo dive

"Boy! I'll show these guys!"

180 fsw Bloody Bay Wall ... Freedive. No scuba. No buddy. No spotters. Farm animal stupid.

Never thought a thread and I would be so perfect together. :D

103 fsw this past weekend - on a wreck I am very familiar with. There were other divers in the water, but I was usually not too close to them. I was diving with my best 'buddy' (19cuf pony). I was on 32% nitrox - played it very conservative and did not penetrate the wreck. did a 1 minute stop at 50' - 3 minutes at 15' - surfaced with just over 1500psi in remaining in my HP 120.

I had a GREAT time, it was very relaxing and I truly enjoyed not having to keep an eye out for anyone else. I don't mind diving with another person, but this was more relaxing by far.

156 fsw on the JB King in the St Lawrence River last weekend. The viz was great, water temp was just under 70F and the current was rippin'.

A great day and a fine dive.

Glad to hear that, Jimmer. Not knowing much about you, I was concerned. I've seen divers out here go to 160+ solo without any redundancy at all, just an Al 80. I may do some crazy things, but diving deep (> 40 ft IMHO) solo without redundancy is one thing I wouldn't do after my incident a few years ago.
I won't do ANY diving deeper than a swimming pool without redundancy, solo or with a buddy.

That said, may last dive was a solo dive to 200 feet on trimix OC with "backup" and the ascent and decompression on my rebreather. What can I say, I needed to drain the tanks for hydro anyway.:)

My least redundant rig is double 40's with two regulators on the manifold.

I won't do ANY diving deeper than a swimming pool without redundancy, solo or with a buddy.
Ditto... The only single tanks I own are stage bottles... Twin 130s, twin 95s and twin 80s...

Apparently you are not too good at math. People dive deeper than that on a single breath (with no scuba gear). An 80 is more than enough gas to get you down and back if you hurry. I DO NOT recommend this to anyone!
I think he was assuming standard SCUBA rates of ascent and descent, not breath holding rates.

Back
Top Bottom