Deepspot - 45M (147Ft) deep swimmingpool

Would you dive in Deepspot?

• Yes

Votes: 17 65.4%
  • No

Votes: 9 34.6%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Recently I found an article telling about Deepspot Poland,

Deepspot will be the deepest pool in the world with a dept of 45Meters (147 feet). Here’s a link to a news article about it with a video of the construction: Poland constructs on world's deepest diving pool

And here THE link to the website: Deepspot - Najgłębszy na Świecie Basen Nurkowy w Warszawie

The opening is this autumn (if everything goes according to plan of course)

for me it’s not a question if I go, but when I go. Poland is only a 2 hour flight from my home town, now I only need to find a buddy :clearmask:

Deepspot will be the deepest pool in the world with a dept of 45Meters (147 feet). Here’s a link to a news article about it with a video of the construction: Poland constructs on world's deepest diving pool

And here THE link to the website: Deepspot - Najgłębszy na Świecie Basen Nurkowy w Warszawie

for me it’s not a question if I go, but when I go. Poland is only a 2 hour flight from my home town, now I only need to find a buddy :clearmask:

I'd go with you if I were in that part of the world. Just the thought of doing a legit deco stop in a pool is mind bending.

If you pay for my flight from Belgium I will join you...but from the pictures it does not seem to be much different than Nemo33 in Bruxelles from 10m and below. Nemo is only 2.5-3hrs drive from Amsterdam. Once you do it, you will say to yourself: Meh.

-Z

If you pay for my flight from Belgium I will join you...but from the pictures it does not seem to be much different than Nemo33 in Bruxelles from 10m and below. Nemo is only 2.5-3hrs drive from Amsterdam. Once you do it, you will say to yourself: Meh.

-Z

Well, Nemo is also on my list, Todi was cool.

I wish i could have something similar near home...
All the time the weather sucks (like in the last 3 weekends down here), I'll go there, drop on the bottom and stay there until they kick me out...

I wish i could have something similar near home...
All the time the weather sucks (like in the last 3 weekends down here), I'll go there, drop on the bottom and stay there until they kick me out...

Yeah, you could drop to the bottom, but that would only be for +/- 5 min.

Just because it is indoors does not mean that the physics and physiology changes.

-Z

Nemo33 in Belgium costs 20 Euros per dive.
Y-40 in Italy costs 42 Euros per diver with a 1 hour timeblock.
The wet chamber at the University of Zurich ( used to past 275M) is no longer operational.
Deepspot in Poland hasn't yet listed prices but it ain't gonna be cheap

Michael

Nemo33 in Belgium costs 20 Euros per dive.
Y-40 in Italy costs 42 Euros per diver with a 1 hour timeblock.
The wet chamber at the University of Zurich ( used to past 275M) is no longer operational.
Deepspot in Poland hasn't yet listed prices but it ain't gonna be cheap

Michael

Nemo33 is 25 Euros for a dive session which is roughly 1-hour to include the group safety brief and mandatory10 minutess of apnea (limited to 10 meters)/warmup before divers are allowed to don gear and descend. Dive sessions are held at specific times during the day. Tanks, BCD, Fins, are included....wetsuits are not needed as the water temp is above 30c and they are not allowed unless purchased new from the shop located on the premises. Divers must bring bathing suit, mask, and dive computer or rent mask and dive computer. Weights are not allowed or needed as the steel cylinders and lack of neoprene ensures that almost everyone will be negatively buoyant. Divers are required to have at least Advance Open Water certification if they wish to descend into the deep well of the pool, but there is no one in the water to police this.

TODI is 30 Euros during non-peak times and 37 Euros during peak time for 2 hours which begins when one passes through the turnstyle as they walk to the changing room and ends when one exits through the turnstyle after they have changed back into street clothes. One can pre-pay for extra time or one is charged (10 Euros for every 15 minutes block or part there of) for exiting late. Dive sessions are rolling throughout the day. Divers can bring all their own gear except cylinders BCs and weights. Personal wetsuits, fins, etc can can be used but must be dipped in their disinfectant tub prior to donning and diving. Water temp is roughly 25c and exposure suits are recommended. Cylinders, BCDs and weights are provided and included in the price of the session. Any other gear needed (wetsuit, maks, fins, computer, etc) can be rented for a fee. The pool is 10m at its deepest in the very center under some machinery and pipes. The average depth is between 4m and 6m, with the depth becoming shallower closer to the perimeter of the circular pool.

-Z

Back
Top Bottom