Deepspot - 45M (147Ft) deep swimmingpool

Would you dive in Deepspot?

• Yes

Votes: 17 65.4%
  • No

Votes: 9 34.6%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I did Nemo. I’d rather watch paint dry. It was boring and expensive.

Did you also do todi?

I have done Nemo33 and Todi....I actually prefer Nemo more than Todi because Todi, despite being filled with fish, is so shallow that one does not have to put much thought into the dive at all...after about 20minutes of floating around you start saying in your head "yup saw that school of fish, and yup saw that one over there too already" and so on. One can see clear across the pool so there is no mystique of what is around the corner once you swim around for a few minutes. At Nemo, even though the environment is more sterile, when you get to the bottom you have to watch you bottom time and during the ascent you need to watch your ascent rate...this means that you have to have your brain in the game and I prefer that to mindlessly floating around at Todi despite the fish. But for the experience at Nemo it is expensive, especially considering that diving at a local quarry or lake is only a few Euro (most expensive in the region is 6 euros, least expensive is 3 or 4 euros), if one has a drysuit they can drop down to 33 meters and blow bubbles nearly every day of the year.

I have said it before in other posts about these places, it is the type of experience you do to be able to say you have been there done that...but once you go you realize that the experience is just kind of meh...those who have not done it will never believe you until they go as well and then others won't believe them either.

A parallel example is Pompeii in Italy...folks who have gone will recommend to folks who have not gone that they should go to Herculaneum instead because there are more artifacts to see and it is a better all around experience....but of course Herculaneum is the lesser known of the two places and most people have heard of Pompeii and have it on their bucket list. So they go to Pompeii and in the end wish they had followed the advice to go to Herculaneum instead....and the cycle repeats ad-nauseum.

-Z

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom