Default Nitrox Setting for Perdix AI in OC Mode

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So after talking to Shearwater in detail and using this recently on multiple dives in Cozumel - it is a NON ISSUE unless you violate DECO.

So you can set up 3 gases for REC diving (21/32/36) and switch away using the quick change gas menu between dives. Worked flawlessly for me as I never broke DECO or got close. Would dive air 1st dive, and during SI change to 32 or 36 and then back again next day for air.

Loved how easy and simply it was vs any other computer out there.

This is what I have experienced in regard to gasses that are turned on but not used in Rec conditions.

So I have been arguing with SW's CS about the issue of in REC mode

They stand by their argument that its a "tech" based computer / where they came from.
Thoughts?

So after talking to Shearwater in detail and using this recently on multiple dives in Cozumel - it is a NON ISSUE unless you violate DECO.

So you can set up 3 gases for REC diving (21/32/36) and switch away using the quick change gas menu between dives. Worked flawlessly for me as I never broke DECO or got close. Would dive air 1st dive, and during SI change to 32 or 36 and then back again next day for air.

Loved how easy and simply it was vs any other computer out there.

The 'where does Rec end, and what should be in it (e.g. how much tec/reg, gases, etc) is not an easy clear cut thing.

Some thoughts were put forward in this thread Teric and Nitrox diving - Rec divers take care re method of changing gas (affects MOD)., and from my correspondence with SW they did say that they would aim for Rec mode to be more Rec focused.

Back
Top Bottom