Deking out a shark?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

But wait there's more!

shark-deterrent-shark-eyes-dive-tank-1200x1200.jpg

Do sharks have the visual acuity to see those eye stickers on the bottom of surfboards? If they do, do they have the mental acuity to process that info and not attack? If the shark is hungry enough would it matter? If the shark ha the mental acuity wouldn't they just figure out to ambush from a different line of attack?

The article cites that the chances of being bitten by a GW is1 in 3.75 million....how did they test the effectiveness of their product? or did they?

Fear sells.

-Z

I say pull out all the stops, why not? How expensive are stickers in the scheme of things?

I was interested in the part of the article addressing wetsuit legs.
For divers, we've thought that too much contrast was not necessarily a good thing.

Remember "yummy yellow"?

I say pull out all the stops, why not? How expensive are stickers in the scheme of things?

I was interested in the part of the article addressing wetsuit legs.
For divers, we've thought that too much contrast was not necessarily a good thing.

Remember "yummy yellow"?

Wait, what? I've been diving in a dive skin with yellow stripes down the sides... (see profile photo)

The magnetic and electrical field repellents might have a better placebo effect than stickers. Just saying.

Eyes are a sharks delicacy.....just sayn:)

Wait, what? I've been diving in a dive skin with yellow stripes down the sides... (see profile photo)

My first couple of wetsuits were similar.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom