Delrin washers for drysuit undergarment hose holes

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tom Winters

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
5000 - ∞
Tobin, how feasible would it be to gin something up for when you have to put a thigh hole through a poopie suit for a p-valve hose? I don't want to just poke a hole or sew for hours.
A thin delrin fender washer sandwich with a bunch of holes around the circumference for a needle and some heavy thread would be handy.

Tobin, how feasible would it be to gin something up for when you have to put a thigh hole through a poopie suit for a p-valve hose? I don't want to just poke a hole or sew for hours.
A thin delrin fender washer sandwich with a bunch of holes around the circumference for a needle and some heavy thread would be handy.

Tom,

How do you plan to seal the sewing?

Tobin

Aquaseal I'm guessing. The divers duct tape! Nice lookin' suit there Tom. In all seriousness though a good idea. I'll have to see if I can do something with it on my waterjet next week. I've got a nice sheet of 1/2 inch delrin that if I took a chunk and sliced it in half and then made the washer, hmm, it may work pretty well. If I get to do it I'll post pics.

Aquaseal I'm guessing. The divers duct tape! Nice lookin' suit there Tom. In all seriousness though a good idea. I'll have to see if I can do something with it on my waterjet next week. I've got a nice sheet of 1/2 inch delrin that if I took a chunk and sliced it in half and then made the washer, hmm, it may work pretty well. If I get to do it I'll post pics.

Acetal has very low surface energy, few adhesives will bond to it.

Tobin

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom