DEMA 2010 Live from Las Vegas

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BTS

DEMA Reporter
Reaction score
Good Morning Scubaboarders!

It's a beautiful sunny day here in Las Vegas. The Dive Industry masses are pouring through the doors here at the Las Vegas Convention Center.

Stay tuned on this thread for greetings and news from the convention floor!

DEMA 2010 is awesome, I'm having a blast. This is my first time to the event and I got meet NetDoc.
194416939.jpg

Psssh... You fight in the UFC. As far as I'm concerned NetDoc got to meet you. :cool2:

Yesterday was a very happening day with lots of hustle & bustle for the Scubaboard folks: HowardE, muggsy, and Netdoc.
Lots of friends stopped by: TC, mselenaous, ScubaDad (Al), princessaprilla, Wookie, Dora the Explorer just to name a meer few.

As you wander this huge show, please let us know what cool stuff you are seeing or the seminars you are attending!

this huge show:
The neatest thing I found was the "Nautilus Lifeline." It is the best device I have seen this far for saving your a$$ when you get away from your boat. It is a VHF radio/GPS combo that is rated for 300 feet. If you come up away from your boat or caught in a current or can not get back for any reason, you can use it to call the boat on channel 16 or whatever channel the boat normally has a watch on. If your boat doesen't answer you can talk any boat in an eight mile radius. You can read your GPS position right off of the digital display. There is no requirement for any special equipment on the boat. You can communicate with any boat that has an ordinary VHF radio on board.

The neatest thing I found was the "Nautilus Lifeline." It is the best device I have seen this far for saving your a$$ when you get away from your boat. It is a VHF radio/GPS combo that is rated for 300 feet. If you come up away from your boat or caught in a current or can not get back for any reason, you can use it to call the boat on channel 16 or whatever channel the boat normally has a watch on. If your boat doesen't answer you can talk any boat in an eight mile radius. You can read your GPS position right off of the digital display. There is no requirement for any special equipment on the boat. You can communicate with any boat that has an ordinary VHF radio on board.

...finally something that sounds practical/useful...the liveaboard customer base is gonna love this one!

If that's the one from DAN I have one on preorder. (shipping in the spring)

Two channel radio- programmable and rechargeable via usb. Built in flashing light as well.

Have not hear much from NetDoc or any other on site folks about this 2010 DEMA. What's up Doc?

Did they have a working demo unit? The view on their site is just of a 3D model of a product, not an actual product.

Is there a link to the DAN product?

I found this, I wonder why nautiluslifeline does not show it on their own site.

I also found video from DEMA here.

The video one looks different than this one:

nexProductL.png

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom