DEMA Show Honored as One of the 50 Fastest-Growing Shows

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DiveNewsWire

Contributor
Reaction score
Fastest-50-Award-100x100.jpg
Fastest-50-Award-100x100.jpg
DEMA Show was recognized as one of the fastest growing shows in the U.S. by Trade Show Executive Magazine during the Fastest 50 Awards & Summit on May 19-21 at the Hyatt Regency Chicago. DEMA Show 2014 grew by more than three times the average rate of all trade shows in the U.S. DEMA Executive…
The post DEMA Show Honored as One of the 50 Fastest-Growing Shows appeared first on DiveNewswire.

More...

Crock o crap by Ronco. Get yours today!

Act now, we'll throw in a free PADI solo E-Learning class. But wait, there's more...

16.4% increase in net square feet of paid exhibit space? What did they do? Demand a 2 booth minimum from the fewer vendors?

this brings back some very old memories. i used to attend industry trade shows. i also religiously tore out the advertiser index page from my IEEE publications, ticked off a random set, and mailed the foldup card in so that I could get a bunch of marketing spam mail.

trade shows and spam mail was the only way to attempt to figure out whut was going on. did not werk very well, but it was all we had.

then the internet happened. i thought trade shows were dead! i guess there are still a few troglodytes left on the mailing lists?

now if you can dress it up as a boondoogle, then i am at the front of the line!

DEMAs own numbers show a dropping attendance since 2006. Who makes up this baby poop?

DEMA Show Comparative Statistics - The Diving Equipment & Marketing Association

"If you torture the data, it will confess."

The use of "paid floor space" is a relatively meaningless measure.

But even if it wasn't I'm guessing the growth was all those TENS machine, copper bracelet, and massage chair companies. They contract with convention centers and buy vacant space for any and every show available...at pennies on the dollar. But it's still counted as "paid" floor space. That, and I believe there were several large companies that got "upgraded" to larger booths at the same price. As long as they paid for the original booth, whatever larger space they ended up using is considered "paid" space.

Hell, the year-over-year increase in the size of the GoPro booth was probably enough to account for the entire "growth" in paid floor space for the show overall.

I'm so happy I can subsidize the massage chair booths at DEMA. How much is a booth this year?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom