DEMA Special Roatan

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Greetings From Infinity Bay in Roatan

My name is Kevin Antunez im the person in charge of the Diving market and the person that made the resort into the first ever LGBTQ+ certified hotel in Honduras. Our hotel is located in Roatan where we have the world's second largest living coral Reef barrier. I would like for you to visit our site and know about our hotel. Attached im sending our DEMA special which is available for you for the whole year 2020 and its commissionable. Please let me know if you have any doubts or if you want to make a special package tailored just for you. you can call, email or even whatsapp me at any time of the day.

Hope to hear from you soon
Infiniti-Bay-DEMA-2020v2 (1).jpg

…the first ever LGBTQ+ certified hotel in Honduras…

Explain, please.

Of course Infinity Bay is the first all welcome resort in Honduras and proud members of IGLTA the largest LGBTQ+ travel association.

Of course Infinity Bay is the first all welcome resort in Honduras and proud members of IGLTA the largest LGBTQ+ travel association.

Where does the “certification” part come from? What’s involved in attaining that and what authority grants such a status?

One specific association which you do not mention does offer some version of a “certification”. It’s actually nothing more than an agreement to be welcoming and to provide lists of “local resources”. I’m sure you would have mentioned that specific organization if you had met their rather nominal standards. They do not list IBR (nor any Honduran property) as a member.

Some Roatan resorts entertain full weeks where the entire property is rented out to exclusively one or more “alphabet groups”. The participants seem to prefer exclusivity and the freedom that offers.

Because of the inexcusable but pervasive XYZ-phobic generalized local attitude (quite xenophobic), I don’t see any property flying the a Rainbow Flag or posting any sign signaling that they are XYZ Friendly. Roatan is not much more progressive than the mainland Honduras in terms of social modernity, but I would not recommend overtly advertising such a noble position unless prepared for considerable local backlash. I can recall several examples of excessive Puritanical reactions by the local populace to incidences that would not cause a blink in the US.

iGLTA makes several very good recommendations on “how their community should travel”, always counseling covert behavior and awareness of local custom and (lack of) acceptance. ILGTA states that it does not “certify” anything.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom