DEMA update

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi @JackD342

I take it back, I see it on the Genesis website, not many details. Interestingly, up until now, Genesis computers have been manufactured by Pelagic Pressure Systems and have run DSAT. I wonder if this is actually ZH-L16C with preset GFs or if it is PZ+, also on PPS computers, and said to be based on Buhlmann. Thanks for the information, I guess we will see. I have thought that there would be a market for a inexpensive rec computer running "standard" presets, 35/75, 40/85. 45/95.
It is not Pelagic, it is not PZ+. It is Buhlmann ZH-L-16C as stated on their website. The Genesis analog gauges are also transitioning from Pelagic to Italian made. Anything Pelagic on the Genesis site is winding down. New catalog has one computer, one BCD, one regulator.

It is not Pelagic, it is not PZ+. It is Buhlmann. The Genesis analog gauges are also transitioning from Pelagic to Italian made.
That's interesting, I wonder who makes it? Ratio runs ZH-L16B

I sent a message to Genesis and got an immediate reply:
Thank you for reaching out. The Centauri features the ZH-L16C algorithm with a proprietary GF that considers 3 conservative tiers, CF1 to CF3, where CF1 is the most conservative and CF3 is the least. The PZ+ is the GF variant that Pelagic Pressure Systems uses to adjust the ZH-L16.

So, I guess we will see how it runs when somebody gets a chance to dive it.

I heard halycon introduced new wing cover colors but couldn't find anything on it posted anywhere.

Conservative? Don't you mean 50/75...? :D
Teric manual:
upload_2019-11-26_16-18-59.png

Hi @JackD342

I take it back, I see it on the Genesis website, not many details. Interestingly, up until now, Genesis computers have been manufactured by Pelagic Pressure Systems and have run DSAT. I wonder if this is actually ZH-L16C with preset GFs or if it is PZ+, also on PPS computers, and said to be based on Buhlmann. Thanks for the information, I guess we will see. I have thought that there would be a market for a inexpensive rec computer running "standard" presets, 35/75, 40/85. 45/95.
How about this one?
https://www.techdivinglimited.com/Serenity-S1-Sport-Dive-Computer-p/dc-ser-s1-sport.htm
https://www.serenityconcept.com/
Made in France.

That's interesting, I wonder who makes it? Ratio runs ZH-L16B

I sent a message to Genesis and got an immediate reply:
Thank you for reaching out. The Centauri features the ZH-L16C algorithm with a proprietary GF that considers 3 conservative tiers, CF1 to CF3, where CF1 is the most conservative and CF3 is the least. The PZ+ is the GF variant that Pelagic Pressure Systems uses to adjust the ZH-L16.

So, I guess we will see how it runs when somebody gets a chance to dive it.
The “proprietary GF” means they are not telling us GF hi/lo. Correct? Which means can’t be exactly aligned with Shearwater or used with Multideco to plan dives.

Interesting, I got another response from Genesis.

We’ve ran comparative simulated test dives against the Teric (comparable conservative tiers on both) and it comes pretty similar in NDL timers… and after same SI al subsequent dives NDL dive timers are similar…

So, it guess it remains to be determined how close to standard GFs the Centauri performs. Time will tell. The Deepblu Cosmic turned out to be more conservative, the Watoom Cyano turned out to be more liberal, based on personal experience.

How is no one excited for the new colors for the terric? Lol. Has to be the biggest news and bound to cause the biggest controversy on sb for 2020.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom