Deminished Lung Capacity

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JRScuba

Contributor
Reaction score
I just had the upper right lobe of my lung removed and I'm going to continue diving. Going to start diving soon, so I completed the Nitrox course. Seems like a good idea since part of my lung was removed.

Looking for a diver(s) with the same situation to contact me. Either by replying to this post or PM me. Would like to know if there is anything that out of the normal scope of diving that I need to address.

All of my doctors say they do not see any problem with me returning to scuba diving.

My first dive plan is to do 2-20' dives to see if there is any change in my breathing underwater and how I tolerate the gear above the water ( getting suited up and entering - exiting the water from or to the boat).

Any information is greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

Joe

Joe,

I commend you on your spirit! It would be easy to use your situation as an excuse to avoid doing things.

Sounds like you have a good approach in mind. Best of luck!

Let us know how it turns out.

Dive Safely.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom