Demone Diving Equipment

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Hello all i'm new to the forum and in the middle of getting my certification but i have several questions about Demone diving equipment. From the research i've done it appears that they ceased to exist by 1965, can anyone corroborate or supply any other information about this odd brand. Thanks in advance,

Tyler

Just posting another image to complement the series featured in the Vintage Double Hose Forum thread about Demone...
s-l1600.jpg

The above ad is on eBay Buy it Now for $9.99 at 1961 Demone scuba diving diver regulator illustrated vintage print ad | eBay.

According to Dive Historian; Printable Version, the name "Demone" came from the names of the two founders, Bob Dempster and Al O'Neil. The company "lasted for a year or two, because they just could not sell enough of (their regulators) to stay in business. U.S. Divers and Dacor were the two major brands and they had the market covered. It was very difficult for anyone else to break in to the market. Another reason for the demise was the rubber used was inferior and deteriorated in a few months."

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom